aww hunny, i dont really know what to say but i do think you need to make somebody be it your gp, hv or someone like that, aware of how your feeling. If your ever wanting to talk in private, pm me, im happy to listen xxx

Oh my god hun. You need to go back to the Drs. Or get someone to help you look after your LO. Its not normal to have these thoughts! I really really dont know what to say? I cant imagine how anyone could think things like that? Im not having a go at you hun but you really really need to speak to someone ASAP! Dont let them fob you off either... for your sake and for your babies sake it needs to be sorted out. If you ever feel like harming your baby put her in her cot where she is safe and leave the room for a few minutes. Or put her in her cot and call someone to come over to babysit for a while. I hope you get it sorted soon xx

sweetie, I didnt mean for that to sound nasty at all!!! :hugs: So please dont think I was being horrible, But like you said, you know its not right to think these things so you obviously want to get it sorted... Im sure if you phone your hv she will call you back. Keep us updated and dont feel alone... theres always someone on here to chat to. xx

i feel for you, i really do. I hope it all gets sorted soon xxx

i think it's especially hard as 98% of the time i'm happy and content with her and it's all great, but then this little things pop in my head and i don't know where they come from or why

I read somewhere recently that 7% of new mums have these thoughts (I wish I could find where I read it). So yes, do get some support, but please don't feel like a freak, I bet you are overtired (like all of us!) and your hormones are all over the place. Good on you for being able to admit that there's a problem :hugs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusive_thoughts#Postpartum_depression Oh here - sorry, rushing to feed bubs!

I felt like this and was at first ashamed but realized I was not getting the support that I needed. Important thing is that you recognize those thoughts are not normal and you are reaching out. If your doctor won't listen, go to someone else. Do you have anyone who can help you with the baby. I didn't know how important a support system was until I felt really low and was exhausted. Get someone to come and keep her for you. Even if it's for a hour or two for you to get some sleep. I hope things get better for you soon :hugs:

:hugs: Hun I hope she gets back to you soon so you can get support:hugs:

When in the day do you take amitryptiline? I take one at night for RLS, when not preg, and they make me seriously drowsy. Could be you are overtired during the day if you take them then?:flower:

Aww hun i get them aswell, i had them with my 3rd child aswell and i promise it will go away. Even though the thoughts arent normal it is unfortunately very common with pnd, please dont be scared to tell your hv what you are feeling it wont be something she hasnt heard before and shes there to help. Once you realise you will never act on these thoughts they do fade away with time xx

good luck hun pm me if you ever want to chat i know how distressing it can feel xx

RLS is restless leg syndrome.

I hope you get on well with the health visitor:hugs::hugs:

I'm going through the same thing right now and I'm contacting a PPD counselor tomorrow, good luck xoxox.

:hugs: Hope your HV can give you good support. Don't be afraid to be totally honest with your HV, she won't judge and it will help her to get the right help for you.

Good luck tomoroow and also to aliss. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->