4mo old sleep help

jellybean87

mum to 1 and expecting
Reaction score
Dd2 is 4months old. I'm struggling to get her into a pattern with sleep.

At night she goes down roughly at 8 if she falls asleep while having her bottle and I can get her into the cot without waking she will stay asleep until about midnight. If she goes into her cot awake she will take upto 45mins to fall asleep I stay in the room to put her dummy back in. She starts her day between 6 & 7. Between 12 and starting her day she wakes between 2 and 8 times never wants milk it's always her dummy.

Also she isn't very good at napping in the day. She tends to fall asleep about 90mins after waking but I have to take dd1 to school so often wakes when I put her in the pushchair, then falls back to sleep about 5mins from home and wakes again when we go into the house and doesn't go back to sleep. My house is up a flight of steps so I can't keep her in the pushchair. Then she will fight naps all day! A good day is 90min sleep but its in 20/30 min naps. She not nap in her cot and will only fall asleep if I hold her.

Does anyone have any advice on how to sort this? Or does it even matter? I'm worrying that she won't ever get into a routine if she doesn't start now. Dd1 was a brilliant sleeper so this is all new to me!

Hi,

You just described my little boy lol. I hate nap times as they are a big fight! And although he is in bed 6.30/7 for 12 hours, he wakes for the dummy lots. He does go down quite easily though. Wish I could help but just thought I'd write to let u know you're not the only one x

Thanks for replying :)

Sorry your going through the same, but its good to know i'm not alone!

I found at that age my Lo would go down for his first nap easiest. If I mistimed that nap the rest of the day could be rough for naps as he just got more overtired. Could you put Lo in a sling to take your other Lo to school? That way bubba is snuggled up to you, and won't be aware of moving from house to outside etc. Not sure how far the school run is?

Can you get a short dummy chain. We didn't discover it til 13 mths but my lo sleeps through now with that.... Or he finds his own dummy so he doesn't wake us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->