5.5 weeks PP... Feeling nothing towards husband...

Miss Ashley

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know this is awful and I've been struggling with the idea of even coming out and saying it lately, but I'm wondering if any of you have gone through something similar?

I had a baby 5.5 weeks ago and ever since I've just had no patience for my husband... I don't want his hugs, kisses or even compliments. I get SO annoyed when he even touches on the subject of sex. It all just gets on my nerves. I don't understand why, as just before baby everything was going so well and I felt really happy with him... we got married rather quickly and now I'm wondering if it's all just coming crashing down because the baby's here now and it's a reality check? Or if it's just hormones?

I don't think it's anything PPD-wise, as I'm so in love with my little girl... any thoughts?

sounds like hormones to me, don't underestimate all that your body has gone through. Hormones being out of balance can really mess up your mind and if you're trying to deal with lo and yourself it can be hard to relax and find some space for oh. Don't make any quick decisions now, just ride it out and see, oh will have to wait a while. Maybe you could get someone to look after lo so you and oh can go for a walk together or something, try and keep the communication going. Good luck.

It'll soon pass :)

It's a huge change inside a house when a little one arrives. Your hormones are still sorting themselves out, you'll have up and down days. Plus, the last thing you want is somebody smothering you while you're adjusting to the new life of motherhood.

Explain to your husband that your body is still going through changes, and ask him to 'hold out a little' and be patient with you. Reassure him that you still find him attractive and feel the same about him in case he has some sort of instinct. Once you feel things have settled, then have some thinking time, just don't over think it all.

I despised my OH at one point, didn't even like sitting next to him and if he spoke, I had to bite. Him touching me sickened me, and I pulled away from his kisses. It was horrible.

Hope you manage to escape this soon :) x

It'll soon pass :)

I despised my OH at one point, didn't even like sitting next to him and if he spoke, I had to bite. Him touching me sickened me, and I pulled away from his kisses. It was horrible.

Hope you manage to escape this soon :) x

This is exactly how I feel, to a tee! Definitely gives me hope that it will pass.

Thanks for the replies, ladies. It's nice to know I'm not crazy!

I agree with the others, I went through the same thing, and no doubt this will pass and then a few months later you'll feel the same again! As others have said your body has been through so much and there's so much demand still there with Los needs its no wonder we feel how we do. When LO was settled I just wanted five minutes to myself, not to be jumping into bed with my partner or having a cuddle. I just wanted to be left be!

I'm sure it will pass, don't worry :flower:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back