5 - 6 weeks, maybe

Lyrikos

Reaction score
So, my first "real" appointment is next Thursday...

They did my bloodwork to check HcG yesterday and it was measuring 5,401.0...
I sincerely hope that is on track and in line with what it's supposed to be. I don't want another miscarriage. Our very first ended that way, then I had a healthy baby boy.

I wonder when it would be right to tell him that he's gonna be a big brother?

Oh, and no symptoms to speak of just yet (except for slightly sore boobs), here's hoping that is a good sign. When did you all begin to have symptoms?

Sorry, I am rambling I know... But we tried for so long (over a year) and I am just excited, nervous, etc.

:muaha:
:happydance:

My hcg was a little over 8,000 I believe around week 5, but honestly the levels are so varied that you can't really go by that. As long as it's rising, you should be fine.

This is my first pregnancy, so I haven't had to have the "big brother or sister" talk yet, but it depends on your comfort level I would think. If you aren't comfortable telling them until the risk of miscarriage drops, then wait, but if you are, go for it.

Also, I have not had any symptoms except for sore boobs and exhaustion. But the exhaustion has now faded and I'm feeling great again! So no symptoms doesn't have to be something to be worried about. Good luck and let us know how everything goes! Congratulations!! :happydance:

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes!

As for symptoms, I have bigger and more sore breasts but that's about it. It's been a really easy pregnancy so far. I'm more miserable from this common cold haha. My last few, I started getting symptoms from like 7dpo and I was miserable.

I can't weigh in on when to tell him. Maybe when you have an ultrasound pic that you can show him so it's a little less abstract?

And levels can vary so much. It's really more about the doubling speed than a single number. I wouldn't stress though. :)

Congrats!!! I too had a mmc 2 years ago and we've decided to wait to tell my 4 and 2 year old until 12 weeks, not before. I'm now 5+4 and have bad nausea and exhaustion. Some days it's so bad I can barely function! Definitely feeling very pregnant over here! *sigh*

Woo-hoo hellojello! Congratulations and good luck on your first little!

I guess I'll know more after the 15th. Here's hoping all goes well. We are getting ready to tell the in-laws, so we may go ahead & tell him too. Doesn't feel like he should be the last to know.

Awww yeah let him in the club. :) ;) I'm sure everything will be amazing. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

A big congratulations to you laila! Here's hoping for a happy, healthy baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->