5 months and terrible

Finny88

Reaction score
My goal was 6 months to breastfeed. I'm a month away and if things keep going like they have this week. I don't know if I will be able to make it until next month. My LO has been terrible to breastfeed for the last week. She had a bout of this last month when I decided it must have been a growth spurt. So I get her latched on not even after a minute of being latching on (good latch btw). She pops off and cries. This goes on for a long time. I end up hand expressing into her mouth and give her the binkie. Her pees and poos are suffient. She has had really stinky farts lately. I went out and got gripe water and a friend gave me DiGize essiental oil to try on her tummy and feet. I work 12 hour shifts overnight so when I am gone she bottle feeds and has not trouble. We use the tommy tippy bottles. Anyways she is really unhappy little lady. I feel like a terrible mother. My husband keeps wanting to give her a bottle while I am at home and I just want to keep trying. :cry:

Sounds like she has a preference for the bottle because it's easier and faster than your letdown?
Xx

My DD was born in the same day as yours. I am EBF. She is terrible during the day, she is on and off all the time. She is either trying to look elsewhere especially when her brother is bouncing around us, she gets angry if the milk doesn't come quick enough and added into the that she has just sprouted two teeth, which is obviously causing her pain. She struggles and pinwheels her arms and legs. It is stressful to say the least, and slightly embarrassing when she leaves me exposed in public. I think you've just got to bear with it. Mine won't take a bottle so I have no option at the moment. I hope it helps to know it might just be a phase xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->