5 months old and is ...

M

mummyjadey

hey i have a 5 month old daughter and she seem to be growin very fast i dont over feed her or enthin shes not eating baby food yer and shes in 9-12 months clothes! lol i no n she is long as well n is weighing bout 22lb nw i think bt she dnt look fat if u get me do u think this is normal i told the health vistors bt they seem to think shes fine bt ppl look at her sayin shes big aint she n thinking shes like a 9 month old lol x

I'm sure she is fine. As long as she is happy and healthy.
Colton was 18-19lbs at 4 monhs, then 21lbs at 6 months, so she is a bit bigger than him. But around her age his weight gain started to slow and he has only been gaining 1lbs a month now. He was in 6-12mo clothes at 4mo, and for Christmas we have him TONS of 12-18 month clothes (some of which I've already given to him and fit!!), he will only be 9.5mo at Christmas.
We have seen all kinds of one year olds that are smaller than him. And have been told he looks a year old. He's also pretty tall too.. (around 29-30") so he doesn't look too fat.

Hannah's been in 6-9 months close since she was 4 months old. She's above average, always has been, especially her length. But she's happy and healthy and the pediatrician seems very pleased with her. That's the most important thing! Don't let other people tell you any differently :hugs:

we've had to put katie in 3-6 months clothes this week cos she's so long! she's only 4 weeks! they look baggy on her, but she's just so long! all the babies from antenatal class are older than her, but they're the right length and the right size on her feet. i wouldnt worry, some babies are just bigger than others lol!

My son who is nearly 5 months is also in 9-12 month clothes, but he is only 17lbs 4oz (not skinny though). Its deffinetly nothing to worry about... just means you have a big girl :)

Max never actually wore any newborn clothing he was straight into 3 months stuff hes a long baby :) now hes in 12-18 months

Ben went into 3-6 months clothes at 6 weeks.

DD is 4 years and wears 2-3 year clothes, so I don't think the size means anything.

As long as if your happy with your babys weight etc and the HV has no concerns, i wouldn't worry hun xx

Alexa is in 18-24 month clothes... sizes are basically just based on averages, and I think they are likely "old" averages too...

I always thought Morgan was pretty small, but reading this makes me realise she really is pretty little..... She's 21 weeks old today (5 months old on the 15th) and is 14lb 5oz (7lb 8oz born) and still wearing 0-3month clothes!! :blush:

She only outgrew the newborn stuff about 7 or 8 weeks ago!!! :baby:

I bought some 3-6 month sleepsuits at the weekend to try, and her feet and hands only come about 3/4 down the legs and arms!!! :dohh:

I always thought Morgan was pretty small, but reading this makes me realise she really is pretty little..... She's 21 weeks old today (5 months old on the 15th) and is 14lb 5oz (7lb 8oz born) and still wearing 0-3month clothes!! :blush:

She only outgrew the newborn stuff about 7 or 8 weeks ago!!! :baby:

I bought some 3-6 month sleepsuits at the weekend to try, and her feet and hands only come about 3/4 down the legs and arms!!! :dohh:

Awww thats so cute :cloud9: I miss having a lil baby!!

Addison is in the 95th percentile for her height and weight and she is 5 months and weight 18 lbs. 22 lbs seems a bit big, but every baby carries it differently. If your doctor isnt concerned..I wouldn't be either :)

thanks for all your adivice huns :) yer summer seems to be pretty long and is so diferent to my son as he was born 7lb10 n was in 5lb clothes lol coz e lost a lot of weight but now es 2 n alf nearly he is in 18-24 month clothes lol n there stil bit big on him x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->