5 week old being difficult with bottles

mush23

Reaction score
Dd is 5 weeks old and for the past 2 days has been really difficult to feed. She cries cos she's hungry takes the bottle in her mouth then starts to spit the milk out and shake her head causin herself to choke but screams when you take the bottle away:dohh: We've been using multiflow nipples for 3 weeks and she much prefers them to the stage 1 nipples so I don't think that's the problem and nothing else has been changed. Could this be a growth spurt or something? Any ideas? :thumbup:

I have no idea what it is, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone. My girl is 3 months now and we've been through this a few times.

Each time it's stopped after a few days, I don't have a clue why it happens, but I was thinking the same thing, maybe a growth spurt.

I hope it is only a few days cos this is trying my patience big time. She's now crying with the bottle in her mouth. It's good to know in not the only one dealing with this though )

Check in her mouth to see if white spots, my lo had oral thrush and found feeding painful x

No white spot that I can see but maybe shes getting thrush and they've not developed yet. She's had it before so I know she's prone to it

I would suggest getting your dr to check for oral thrush, or it coukd be that she doesnt like the taste of the formula. my girl done this with 2 different types and brands of formula, but obv they still drink it because thsyre hungry. Have got a new milk now and she hasnt done it so far and drinks her bottles as fast she can guzzle lol

She been having aptamil comfort happily for 4 weeks so I don't think it's the formula. She's been on medication for reflux for 2 weeks now. I'm baffled cos she usual drains 4-5 oz quite fast it's only since yesterday that she's been acting strange. I guess I'll wait it out and see if it passes, she's obviously getting enough milk as we're getting wet and dirty nappies. Babies can be so confusing hahaha. Thanks for the suggestions ladies :)

Saying that it took about 3/4 weeks for us to start getting symptoms for a milk allergy and here we are 3 months down the line and she is on special formula so definitely keep an eye.

I'll be sure to keep an allergy in mind if it hasn't stop after the weekend :)

It could also be the temperature. My daughter hates cold formula now, and does exactly what you described whenever I don't give her room temperature formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->