5 week spotting - Any experience with this?

DianT

Reaction score
I'm currently 5 weeks along, had some slight brown spotting yesterday, not much in the way of 'bleeding' today but some brown tiny clots and one larger clot (about the size of a quarter or two peas). All has been dark red and brown. Not much soaking into a pad but there when I wipe.

This is my first pregnancy and we're really looking forward to being parents, it's hard not to be worried that I'm going to miscarry. I'm not experiencing pain and my HCG levels taken today were on track, I really don't want anything to go wrong. Any experience out there?

Didn't want to read & run. I personally havent experienced this (and had it end well) but I have read LOADS of stories where women have had spotting and have had it been ok.

Good luck! :flower:

I had this with my first pregnancy and with this one as well. It can be left over implantation bleeding or could be that your cervix has been irritated (usually from sex). Both times when it first happened to me I went to the hospital and was able to have a scan and bloods taken to check levels. In both cases everything was fine and baby was there with the heartbeat ticking along.

This pregnancy I've had it at 4 weeks, 7 week (with some red blood) and 11 weeks. I am thinking this time it's more of a breakthrough bleed for me, as it seems to happen about the interval I'd normally get my period.

It can be so worrying, but not always means that there's something bad happening. If I were you I'd go and get checked out for your peace of mind. I am sending all positive vibes your way. I know exactly how you feel. :hugs:

I've had this in two pregnancies including this one.

First time I got brown spotting it turned red and heavy and I sadly mc'd.

However this time I had brown spotting for a week and it eased up. I'm now 13 weeks and everything seems to be going ok. You should speak to your Dr or midwife and try and get an early scan for reassurnace. Spotting is very common! If it stays brown that's a good sign xx

I've had spotting/bleeding with all my pregnancies (3) this seems to be normal for me now, so kind of expecting it now, very slight spots are probably nothing to worry about, but as always phone and speak to a doctor, just to be sure.

Thanks, you are all very reassuring. It's still very light so I'm waiting to be called in for an ultrasound, hopefully I'll have some good news to report

I spotted for a whole week or two after I found out. Probably week 6, actually. It was mostly light brown or pink. I knew it probably wasn't anything serious so I didn't keep good track of it. It went away on its own and all is well.
You can search the forums too, there have been too-many-to-count threads about this which should ease your worry.

I have been spotting brown every day since Bfp... And im 8 weeks. I have heard their heartbeats 3 times now, and doctor said brown spotting just happens to some women!

Thanks, you are all very reassuring. It's still very light so I'm waiting to be called in for an ultrasound, hopefully I'll have some good news to report

Looking forward to hearing your update. Sending all positive vibes. xo

Hi I had a Bleed Last week - Red Blood and all was ok on the scan HB and again yesterday and I have found a HB on the Doppler too - I did have a Erosion on the cervix before too - also I tend to keep wiping :dohh: and I think that might have made me have a small bleed - I have a scan on Thursday x

Had it with this one this is my 8th pregnancy but 2nd that I made it into the second tri with. The first was my son but no bleeding in 1st tri but was on progesterone. He is now 18 months. With this one I am now 13 1/2 wks but at 5 wks had spotting dark red for about 3 hrs then it tapered off to brown and gone the next day. Test kept getting darker but was still worried. No spotting since and was not on progesterone this time till 8 wks.

Hi whats Progesterone? Im having Bleed on/off and still picking up a HB on the Doppler 180-183 ? The Bleed has now gone Brown and not there, so confused x

I had spotting in my second pregnancy and it was scary (especially as I miscarried my first pregnancy) but it calmed down and I now have a wonderful three and a half-year-old daughter. First pregnancy I started getting cramps - they got worse and then suddenly there was a gushing of blood and I miscarried.

This pregnancy I was lucky and didn't get cramping or any bleeding.

Best of luck - it's always impossible to tell how things will play out but hopefully all will go well for you. Miscarriage sadly is very common but as horrible as it is when it happens, in most cases it doesn't mean that you won't carry another baby to term. I know a lot of people who have had one but as I say, hopefully that won't be the case for you and all will be fine.

I'm feeling more optimistic spotting has become very light, and apparently my mom had the exact same thing happen with my younger brother and he turned out just fine. My ultrasound was inconclusive as it's simply too early (the technician wondered why my doctor sent me in so soon in my pregnancy) though he did think there was something there with potential. So for now, I just wait.

I'll update as soon as I find out anything new... I know I appreciate reading what others have gone through when I'm worried and looking for answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->