5 weeks 3 days no baby visible on ultrasound

Babygreen

Reaction score
Hey family,

Thanksgiving day I received a BFP. This is my first pregnancy and I couldnt be any happier. I went to the emergency room because I instantly began to panic. They gave me a pregnancy test and indeed it came out positive. They gave me an ultrasound because I was experiencing a little pain, but they saw nothing but the gestational sac. Hcg levels were 646 and they required me to go back in 1-2 days. I went back Saturday afternoon and my hcg levels were a 1275. They wanted me to come back to rule out ectopic. I again went on Monday and my hcg levels were 3000 but they still saw nothing on the ultrasound. I am now 5 weeks and 3 days. Should I be concerned?

You usually won't be able to see an embryo until past 6 weeks. Just seeing the sac right now is normal.

I had a scan at 5+4 with my first and all we saw was gestational sac and yolk sac. Sounds like you're on track but hope all progresses well for you.

5 weeks is super early. When I went in with bleeding in April at 6 weeks, the tech told me they might not see anything. The embryo measured 6w3d at that point though and we did see it and a heartbeat. U/S aren't too reliable until well into week 6 or 7.

Everything sounds fine and normal for where you are at. Try not to stress, I know it's hard but worrying won't change anything. Unless you have heavy bleeding and cramping odds are everything is fine.

Agreed with what all the ladies have said. I have had my fair share of 5w2d scans and I have seen every combination of no sac, sac, yolk/no yolk, pole/no pole... A few days can make a difference, so I would try to hold off until next week for the next scan. The good thing is you aren't bleeding or having severe pain (the big red flags) and your hcg is increasing appropriately. Congrats on your pregnancy and keep us updated!

Thank U everyone. First we stress about trying to get pregnant and now that I am, I just want to make sure that everything is okay and going smoothly

The worry and stress doesn't stop I'm afraid, even once you meet your baby a whole new set of worry creeps in haha..it's part of being a good Mum - that we care so much about our little cubs from the minute they're conceived xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->