5 weeks 4 days, signs of miscarriage?

dinky

happy mum to 2 girls :)
Reaction score
Hey ladies. I'm 5 weeks and 4 days today and most of the day I have period type pains that get worse when I sit down and relax. Also today I've noticed that my boobs aren't as sore and hard as they were this morning. I did a cb digital and it came back at 2-3 weeks which is what it said 5 days ago. I expected to see a 3+ today as I know I didn't ovulate late this cycle as I had a bfp at cd27! Does this sound like I'm going to miscarry? Thanks.

no, it doesn't sound like a miscarriage. AF-style cramps can be normal in early pregnancy, as your body is shifting and changing. i notice my cramps more when i sit because i'm relaxed, not busy and moving around. you haven't had any bleeding? and symptoms come and go this early on. a few days ago i wasn't sick at all. today i'm sick. good days and bad days.

stop taking those stupid estimator tests. they have freaked many people out. a girl on my thread took one the same day as a 7,000 beta, and it still said 2-3. ridiculous. i threw all mine away; they're a waste of money and only cause heartache.

stop worrying! you're fine :)

slight period cramps is normal, i had it bad up untill about 7 weeks. and they eased off now x

OK thank you ladies you have helped put my mind at ease :) I have read horror stories about the clear blue conception tests but it's scary when it happens to you! I keep thinking maybe I'll buy another and test in a few days but I'm deciding not to, going to test my willpower! I think they just try and make money out of us. Once you get a bfp you should stop testing right? I'm gunna try sticking to that lol. It's just these cramps I don't remember then being this uncomfortable with my other 2 x

im 6 weeks 3 days and I have been feeling cramps and more so when Im just at home relaxing. Here at work, its less. Im with the rest of the girls, ditch those test and just have positive thoughts for the baby. :)

I've just checked my cervix and it's really really low! With these cramps I'm having I'm really not feeling very positive :(

Cervix being high or low means nothing. Don't stress yourself out, seriously. My boobs are only slightly tender and only when I touch/ squeeze my nipples. I've had next to no ms and cramping has stopped over a week ago.
All pregnancies are different.. my 2nd, I couldn't get off the couch cramping and nausea was so bad, my 1st and this pregnancy seem to be easy. Hang in there. When do you see your doc?

I have to wait another 4 days for the pregnancy test result to come back at my gp �� then when they confirm a positive result the book you in to see the midwife at about 9 or 10 weeks! Thanks for your advice I'm trying not to worry but these pains just don't feel right even paracetamol hasn't took them off x

Try not to stress! I've had word cramps this entire pregnancy so far than the other two.. Googled and it seems normal to have worse cramps with the 3rd for some reason. I still get them occasionally.. Sometimes it's gas or constipation and sometimes growing pains. Also my cervix was low until closer to 9 weeks. Doesn't mean anything unless open and bleeding. That stuff varies so much for different pregnancies and different people. I know it's so hard early on but so far everything sounds pretty normal. If you start getting in real pain or bleeding, then I'd worry. And throw the tests away!! :)

Thinking of you! Hope the cramps ease up!

Thank you all for your kind and reassuring words :) xxx

I've had AF like cramping since day one. I also had a test on 16 dpo that was lighter than 14 dpo and freaked out, especially because most of my pain has been on my right side. Last week I had an ultrasound with a great heartbeat and measured three days larger than what I was predicted. Took another test just for fun right after my appt. and guess what? Still lighter than 14 dpo! Some tests just have more dye in them and that's what the digital reads. Don't sweat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->