5 weeks and all symptoms went away..is this normal?

SGmom

Reaction score
Hi girls...
I hope you can help me make sense of what is going on... I found out I was pregnant for the first time last week (HPT). Waited two days for blood test and got 263HcG and 49 progesteron..... Three days later i did the test again and got 1112 HcG and 46 progesteron. I had strong cramps, like PMS ones but that woke me up, and they were gone...no bleeding though.
Thing is, even before i took the tests,I was very tired, hungry, moody, breast very very sore, thirsty, peeing a lot....three days ago all symptoms went away.... I feel totally normal and not preggo at all.
Is it normal for symptoms to go away just like that?
My U/s will be dec.19, but i am so worried i cant focus at work nor sleep... I know i should relax and be happy but i wish i just knew if this is normal...my dr is on vacations so i cant ask him....
Please help!

---update: my symptoms are still MIA, absolutely nothing...so my Dr. Told me to get tested the day they were gone and exactly a week after that. He told me that if the progesterone is low, I can get it from pills. But if the HCG is not rising as it should, than probably the embryo is not developing as it should. 50% of cases where symptoms suddenly go away end up in mc, so he wanted to check blood work first..,,got the results, and the levels are perfect. This means that there is development and that my body is responding well. He wouldn't give me early scan because, as he said, "it can either go well, or not, so wait until you are 8weeks and we will know more" Im happy that everything is ok, but i never imagined that the 2 week wait is even harder when you are actually preggo...

It's normal for symptoms to come and go - especially so early. :hugs:

I think you missed the option most usual...... "the symptoms disappeared giving you a sense of fear that something was wrong whilst at the same time lulling you into a false sense of security that the first trimester is ok, only for the symptoms to return 10times worse a few days later."

I think in the early early days its quite normal for symptoms to appear less at the weekend, as when your not at work you sleep longer, eat when you want to and not when its break time and generally look after yourself better. And its very normal for symptoms to fluctuate in the early days eventually kicking your ass later on in the first trimester.

It's very normal shortly after my bfp I felt fine around the 5 week mark but now they are starting to creep back in! My boobs are very sore at the moment and the gagging feeling has arrived. I'm sure everything is fine hun and try to relax xx

Thank you all for responding... Symptoms are still gone, not even bloated or anything...I will see the DR this friday and and I hope I'll be able to get some peace :)

I had symptoms before I got my BFP and they disappeared after a few days! I think it's just your body getting used to the hormones. I had my eight week scan on Saturday and baby has a heart beat and everything looks good. Apart from feeling slightly sick in the afternoons... I'm fine!

I agree with Celesse.. I had subsiding symptoms last week and these past couple of days the ms has come back with a vengeance lol x

My symptoms come and go too. I'm always wondering if it means anything, so this is a really useful post :) x

At 5 weeks, I was tired and hungry but that was about it. Started getting the cramps, morning sickness, extreme fatigue, food and smell aversions, and crazy moodiness at about 6.5-7 weeks. Some days are better than others as far as symptoms go. One day, I'd be sooo sick and not even able to get out of bed or eat anything and the next day, I felt just fine with the exception of maybe a little bit of queasiness. It's normal for symptoms to come and go. Can kinda drive you a bit crazy!! Lol. :)

I think you missed the option most usual...... "the symptoms disappeared giving you a sense of fear that something was wrong whilst at the same time lulling you into a false sense of security that the first trimester is ok, only for the symptoms to return 10times worse a few days later."

I think in the early early days its quite normal for symptoms to appear less at the weekend, as when your not at work you sleep longer, eat when you want to and not when its break time and generally look after yourself better. And its very normal for symptoms to fluctuate in the early days eventually kicking your ass later on in the first trimester.

I'd have to choose this option too, lol. And boy did they come back!

I was so happy to feel normal again.. A few weeks ago my symptoms disappeared.. But my days they have come back like a slap round the face.. I feel dreadful!

I think it's surges of hormones that cause symptoms like morning sickness etc.. You will probably get a surge next week!

:)

Just wanted to update in case you are freaking out the way I did.... My symptoms totally went away 2 weeks ago and didnt come back..no sore boobs...no bloating, no fatigue, no ms, no craving, a little hungrier but vitamins always do that to me... I am fine, had it not been for 3 blood tests and a scan i would think it is all in my head...
Today, at 8 weeks i had my scan, hb and size were perfect :) soooo relieved....hope this helps :)

Just wanted to update in case you are freaking out the way I did.... My symptoms totally went away 2 weeks ago and didnt come back..no sore boobs...no bloating, no fatigue, no ms, no craving, a little hungrier but vitamins always do that to me... I am fine, had it not been for 3 blood tests and a scan i would think it is all in my head...
Today, at 8 weeks i had my scan, hb and size were perfect :) soooo relieved....hope this helps :)

I honestly think the majority of women get worried about loss of symptoms at some point but when the pregnancy turns out healthy or the symptoms come back worse than before they forget about it.

Another update...had my 10 week scan and everything is fine. Symptoms did not come with a vengeance or anything... I have been a little more tired than usual but my workload has also increased due to a promotion (yey :) ). Other than that, life as usual..hiking, 10km walks on the weekend, yoga, spinning, work... I have to keep reminding myself im preggo and take it easy. So there... Sometime a sudden loss of symptoms, is just a loss of symptoms and thats it. I will not tell you to relax nor to enjoy...just hang in there for your scan, you will feel sooo relieved that everything is fine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->