5 weeks on..The pain is back~Advice please!

KellyC75

Mum of 4 <3
Reaction score
I had my DD2 5 weeks ago & for the past few days the pain has come back, it hurts to turn over in bed, a little hard to stand from sitting, pain when coughing

I also have pains like 'period pains'....But no period (TMI: Just a little yellow/jelly like stuff:sick:)

Oh & I keep going really dizzy, like really bad, having to grab onto something, dont know if its related or if its because ive been forgetting my vitamin tablets? :shrug:

Ive had 4 csections now & this is the first time this has happened ~ Mayby ive done a little too much (hard not to with a 15 month old)

But what could have happened & should I see the Doctor? :shrug:

I know I was uncomfortable for a while, and you could be overdoing it. I personally would maybe try and see your doctor if it's worrying you hun, after 4, you would know what felt normal or not :)

i think you're probably doing too much... tho i know i hate to hear that, cuz it's not like we can do any LESS, right? have to be the mommy, you know?

i was having period pains and getting lightheaded almost to the point of passing out... and then af showed. could it be that? i guess even if you're bf it can happen...

Yes, my lightheaded'ness is really bad, feel like in gonna pass out (been happening for 2 days now)

How long did it go on for you? :shrug:

kelly we are twins !
my pain came back last week, but my scar split open a tiny bit so i think thats why :wacko:

but ive still had quite sever pain in the muscles behind the wound the whole time.

i would suggest seeing a dr :flow:
you should be having your 6 week check soon ?

Thanks Tiger, what did they do for you? :shrug: Did your scar split on the outside?

my lightheadedness lasted about a weekish? i was wondering if it might be iron and then af came... and when i was younger i often would pass out before af came. so once af came, i knew that's what it was.

i'm mostly pain-free, but i know with ds i was still a little sore at 5-6 weeks... guess every recovery is different?

Im also 5 weeks out and do get sore when i over do it but i did go to the doc when i started feelin sore n she gave me antibiotics as she thinks ive got an infection so defenetly worth checking - update. Us with the outcome xx

Im also 5 weeks out and do get sore when i over do it but i did go to the doc when i started feelin sore n she gave me antibiotics as she thinks ive got an infection so defenetly worth checking - update. Us with the outcome xx

Mmm....Was just thinking I wouldnt go

Now, im thinking mayby I should ~ I could have an infection, which could explain my dizzyness :wacko:

Yes, I would def get it checked. If it were and infection, you want it caught right away!

Thanks all :flower:

Im booked in for 6 hours time ~ Combining it with my 6 week check, so thats good ~ Thanks to Tiger for reminding me :thumbup:

Update you later :winkwink:

Good luck, Kelly!

My dr makes the appt for the 6 week checkup while you're still in the hospital. Which is excellent, 'cause otherwise I'd never remember to call and make one.

how'd it go?

so just today, my incision is really sore and the whole area below it is red and puffy. :( what the heck?
my pp appt is friday, but if it continues, i might just call...
thinking maybe i've overdone it lately since sam has been a bit more needy recently...

Sorry I took so long to let you know :blush: Thanks for asking after me Amaryllis :friends: How are you feeling now? ~ Its so easy for us to 'do too much' with other LOs to care for :hugs:

Well, the Doctor has prescribed me iron tablets, as she thinks I am anaemic (also had a blood test)

She also gave me antibiotics, as she said I have an infection inside the scar, she said I have hamatoma :)wacko: whatever that is?)

She didnt do my 6 week check, as she wants to see how I go....So going back for an '8 week check' :flower:

Just googled hamatoma ~ Why did I do that!! :argh:

Hematoma

Hematoma represents the second-most common Cesarean wound complication, occurring after approximately 1.2 percent of deliveries, according to a March 2010 study in the journal, "Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics." The term "hematoma" refers to a mass or collection of blood. During a Cesarean section, doctors close the abdomen in layers, first suturing the uterus, then the abdominal wall and, finally, the skin. In the short term, multiple layers of closure serve as a barrier against infection. Wound hematomas develop when bleeding occurs after the wound has been closed. Blood becomes trapped and exerts pressure on the surrounding tissue, squeezing out nutrients and oxygen. If the pressure becomes great enough, it can compromise the sutures, creating a portal for bacteria to enter the body, while the blood itself provides a nutrient-rich growth medium for those bacteria. As with infection, treatment requires exploration and drainage of the wound with a scalpel, and sometimes antibiotics.

uh-oh.
I was hoping you would come back and say they just said you're doing too much and you should rest more.
That hematoma totally sounds like something I might have... :(
Now I'm wondering if I should try and see the dr before Friday...

Hopefully the iron will help with your dizziness... and the antibiotics will clear up the other thing... So you don't need to be lanced with a scalpel? (ouch!)
That scares me... although I guess with all we've been through, what's a little lancing with a scalpel, right? :shock:

uh-oh.
I was hoping you would come back and say they just said you're doing too much and you should rest more.
That hematoma totally sounds like something I might have... :(
Now I'm wondering if I should try and see the dr before Friday...

Hopefully the iron will help with your dizziness... and the antibiotics will clear up the other thing... So you don't need to be lanced with a scalpel? (ouch!)
That scares me... although I guess with all we've been through, what's a little lancing with a scalpel, right? :shock:

I have a lump above my scar, do you have anything like that? :shrug:

Well, she didnt mention the lancing.....although if it hasnt cleared in 2 weeks, who knows....:shock:

That bit you got on heamatoma sounds scary but really, all it is is a bruise (as that is a collection of blood under your skin too). I had one of these in my womb while I was pregnant.
It probably does mean that you have been doing too much. I hope the tablets help you hun x

I don't have a lump but the whole area below my scar is red and puffy... I would believe it if someone told me there was a bunch of blood in there...
I think if the pain doesn't get worse, I'm just going to wait until Friday. How much worse could it get over three days, you know?

That bit you got on heamatoma sounds scary but really, all it is is a bruise (as that is a collection of blood under your skin too). I had one of these in my womb while I was pregnant.
It probably does mean that you have been doing too much. I hope the tablets help you hun x

Phew! :winkwink: Thankyou :flower:

I don't have a lump but the whole area below my scar is red and puffy... I would believe it if someone told me there was a bunch of blood in there...
I think if the pain doesn't get worse, I'm just going to wait until Friday. How much worse could it get over three days, you know?

I had my pain for about a week before going to the Doctors & the dizzyness was about 3 days ~ Im not saying its right to wait
But with LOs its such a performance to drag them to the Doctors, so I totally understand :flower:

:happydance: Just seen you can drive now ~ Hope this doesnt stop you FX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"