5 weeks pregnant with Twins!

Azulita

Reaction score
I can't believe it finally happened to me, after 14 long months of TTC, fertility clinics, serophene, and a failed IUI I finally became pregnant and on our own! no drugs no procedures and on the month we were taking a break.

At my first scan (5 weeks) I found out I'm having identical twins. They found one gestational sack, two yolk sacks and one fetal pole. They told me it was still really early for both to be shown, but they assured me that both yolk sacks were the same size and seemed to be developing equality. However, the doctor told us that in 2 weeks we would know for sure if both of them or one will make it. She called it the "vanishing twin" syndrome. Obviously the first thing we did was google and while there are so many good stories there is also bad ones.

Please put my mind at ease, can't help but worry :( Anyone with twins going through the same thing?

Not been through the same thing, just wanted to say congrats!
How lovely to get your bfp after all the trying :)

again not experienced anything like this but congratulations xx

Congratulations. I've never carried twins but there's no doubt that it would be such a worry, I have read a lot of stories about the vanishing twin and it does happen but doesn't mean it will happen to you, I pop over to second tri sometimes and I've seen a few stories about ladies carrying twins and still doing perfectly fine, stay positive and be good to yourself, only time will tell the outcome but remember you're pregnant!! yay :hugs:

Congratulations! What an amazing story and journey. H+H 9 months xx

I found out yesterday that I am pregnant with twins, too. 2 sacs though. no yolk sacs were visualized yet though... so we are in limbo right now.
wondering if you have had a repeat scan yet?

Congratulations, what an incredible surprise. So very happy for you. Best of luck, hoping that both of your little ones snuggle in nice and tight xx

Wow! Congratulations, that is fabulous.

I don´t know about vanishing twins, but does that usually happen in the first 6-7 weeks then? Is that why in two weeks you can know for sure?

Once each baby has a hb, the chances go drastically down! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->