50 Shades of Gray...Spelling Mistakes?!!!

I've never read them. I'm bloody glad by the sounds of it!!

I kinda had to read them because of work but although the spelling is shocking i actually quite enjoyed them. I did skip most the sex stuff though. It got a bit repetitive. :dohh:

xx

Lol, I didn't read the whole thread but I would have thought spelling errors were the least of the book's offences, and I'm an editor.

Oh, do NOT get me started on these books. They are bad for my marriage!!

About a year or so ago, OH and I were going through some rough spots in our lives and there wasn't much sex to be had. He comes home from work one day and hands me this 50 Shades book and says, "I know you enjoy chick lit so I bought this for you."

I'm all pleased and surprised because finally, he's noticing that I'm unhappy and has boughten me a book to read, something fluffy to distract me from my baby while he naps. He offers to put the baby to bed so I can have some alone time and read. So I begin reading.

Chick lit. Ha.

I'm skimming most of it because it sucks so terribly so eventually I toss it aside and decide to go to bed. He's lying in bed, completely nude, and looking so smug! Well, here he thought the book would get my engine revving again and he could finally get laid!!

After tossing the book at his head and making him read the first few chapters, he understood why I threw it at him! :haha:

Long story short -- these books turn me AND my OH off!!

I must be the only person who never read it...all these people saying 'It did wonders for my sex life'...if you need a book to make it better,you likely had more problems that a bad sex life in the first place... :/

Also,having not read it,but heard about it,does anyone think it romanticises domestic abuse to an extent?

Also,having not read it,but heard about it,does anyone think it romanticises domestic abuse to an extent?

I do, I felt a bit off reading some of it, I can't remember exactly where but I actually got really angry with one part

“My inner goddess is doing the merengue with some salsa moves.”

“My inner goddess sits in the lotus position looking serene except for the sly, self-congratulatory smile on her face.”

“My inner goddess jumps up and down with cheer-leading pom-poms shouting yes at me.”

“My inner goddess looks like someone snatched her ice cream.”

:dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

I wish her "inner goddess" would merengue the f#%% off a cliff!

Not even a little bit, if you read all the books. And it's not domestic abuse as she is consenting and when he finds out that though she said she wanted it she was actually uncomfortable with some of it he stops and feels horrible about himself and angry that she lied about it. I can see how people who have only read the first book can possibly think that but again, it's not domestic abuse it's s&m between two consenting adults which is a completely different thing.

ETA: It might romanticise S&M though. People reading it didn't seem to grasp the difference between S&M and just rough sex. I think 50 shades does blur the lines between the two a little x

I personally didn't feel it did either...she wanted him to do all these weird kinky painful things to her so he did...and then she would burst out in tears after and scream at him :confused: x

I personally didn't feel it did either...she wanted him to do all these weird kinky painful things to her so he did...and then she would burst out in tears after and scream at him :confused: x

Exactly there was something wrong with her not him lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->