58 days to go... What to expect?!

P

Pancha67

Hey!

So if our plan goes ok we should be stopping my pill on 11th July. I will then have a week period and we can begin trying on 18th July.

Obviously I know it can take a while for my normal period to come back but what should I expect?

Should I in theory get a period two weeks after stopping the pill?

I'm stopping mine June 12th, so I can't speak from experience yet, but I can let you know how it goes. In theory you should have your "withdrawal bleed" a few days after stopping the pill and the first day of that will count as cycle day one, so about 4 weeks after that you should get your first real period.

I'm stopping mine June 12th, so I can't speak from experience yet, but I can let you know how it goes. In theory you should have your "withdrawal bleed" a few days after stopping the pill and the first day of that will count as cycle day one, so about 4 weeks after that you should get your first real period.

eek mykerby! I just worked this out and mine is the exact same date!!
Pancha, i'll let you know my experience with this too. Xx

eek mykerby! I just worked this out and mine is the exact same date!!
Pancha, i'll let you know my experience with this too. Xx

Ahhhh! Awesome! We'll definitely need to stay in touch and go through this together!! :)

I stopped my pill in January to give my body some time to balance itself out, build up the uterine lining, etc.

I had a normal, 31-day cycle after stopping my pill, followed by a long 45-day cycle. I'm still regulating (on my 4th cycle since stopping BC) but I have ovulated every single month since I stopped taking them, including January.

I'm sure it's different for everyone. Sending good luck & baby dust your way!! We'll be starting to TTC in August, so I'm not far behind you :)

Thanks girls

Can I ask a question which sounds really dumb...

But after you have stopped the pill how do you know if you have ovulated or not? Are you using tests?

Basically I am on my week free pill (bleed) now and partner has suggested stopping on Saturday to give my body a break. We wouldn't use condoms as if we got pregnant now or in a few months it wouldn't matter. The only thing stopping me is we're going away abroad in July and I don't want to be on my period then or early pregnant (if I was lucky for it to happen that fAst) in case something happened.

Best if luck

I stopped my pill May 8th and I bled immediately the day after and it only stopped yesterday. I have no idea when my period will be coming because I never really had any (they were barely what I would call periods and were only a few times per year) whilst on the pill. We are just going to BD everyday (or try to!) until I am regular so we catch O

I had a similar issue Pancha. I would have stopped after my last pack, but we leave for the beach next week and I also didn't want to be on my period or pregnant then, so I decided to keep taking my pills just in case. I won't know for sure if I ovulate at first. I won't be temping or doing opks or anything. I will keep an eye out for any ewcm though. I'm just going to BD as much as possible at first. Then if nothing happens I'll probably try opks. It would be hard for me to temp bc I do shiftwork so could never do it at the same time everyday.

Thanks girls

Can I ask a question which sounds really dumb...

But after you have stopped the pill how do you know if you have ovulated or not? Are you using tests?

Basically I am on my week free pill (bleed) now and partner has suggested stopping on Saturday to give my body a break. We wouldn't use condoms as if we got pregnant now or in a few months it wouldn't matter. The only thing stopping me is we're going away abroad in July and I don't want to be on my period then or early pregnant (if I was lucky for it to happen that fAst) in case something happened.

Best if luck

I chart my temps and check my CM every single day to know I've O'd. I do have OPK's but won't start using them until the cycle before we start TTC. Those only tell you when you're about to O, not if you have or not. HTH :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->