5th baby high risk?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi, is there anyone on their 5th baby that knows whether this is true or not?

I had my booking in appointment yesterday and the midwife told me I could be classed as high risk as its 5th baby, she couldn't remember though whether it was 5th or 6th baby. Anyone know which way round it is?

I think it is on baby 6?? They will then class you as multi parada?? which means had 5 or more (I think :)) I class it as tried and tested lol, congrats on your baby :)

Thank you :) I'm really hoping it will be number 6 + as am hoping to labour in the MLU again and not sure how that would stand being classed as high risk.

I think even if you're high risk on paper, it's often just a case of seeing a consultant once and then being released back into midwife care. So don't worry about it too much just yet, if they don't have an actual reason to, they'll likely not keep you under consultant care.

Pregnancy is not high risk unless other factors come into play. But your birth is considered higher risk after you have had 4 children. This is purely because your uterus can be atonic and not contract as well and you are at higher risk of having a PPH after birth. I definitely would not consider the pregnancy to be higher risk however unless there are other factors.
I am expecting number 5 although its only early days.

Im on baby no. 5. I was told that it's your sixth that makes you high risk :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->