5w2d scan today!

H

HerdingDogs

Hi! After my crazy intense cramp on Saturday when I overexerted myself, I did what any freaking out FTM would do and ran straight to my doctor today. She went ahead a did a scan to confirm a uterine pregnancy and reassured me that I didn't do anything to hurt myself. Took some blood and I'll do more blood on Wed.

I know what my uterus looks like, I get that the black circle is the gestational sac, but then she said, "The confetti looking thing/ the white speck is the yolk sac." Fair enough. She showed me the screen. Made sense. THEN I looked at it closer and there's a second white speck. Why is there a second white spec above the long white spec? What is that?! o_O I would imagine if it was anything worth noting she would have brought it up. Sorry for the quality. It's a computer screenshot of a picture of a picture so you know how that goes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 10.44.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 10.44.05 AM.png
    278.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi Im unsure, no good with scan pics - But I Did have 2 on mine one was fetal pole and other was yolk scan x

That would make sense. I wonder if she didn't point out the fetal pole because she thought I knew what it was. I've had early scans before with her that she has gone over, but that was a ways back so I clearly forgot. Hahaha THANKS!

Yay for you, did she confirm that you are 5w2d? Also my 5w3d is tomorrow
. Congrats! our dates, and lmp are very close.....hey bump buddy, lol.

Bump buddy! To be honest, we just talked about how my slamming into a door was not going to hurt the baby and a bunch of other pregnancy myths. We didn't really talk logistics of the pregnancy past that since it wasn't really a prenatal. I just wanted to make sure my little bugger was still safely in there. She offered to scan me again next week, but I think I'll just tough it out until my prenatal on the 12th. Bright side, last Monday was HCG was at 1288. Today it was at 21,038. I have another draw on Wed to make sure it doubles. :)

Yay bump buddies! Have fun at your scan! Come back and post the picture!

Bump buddy! To be honest, we just talked about how my slamming into a door was not going to hurt the baby and a bunch of other pregnancy myths. We didn't really talk logistics of the pregnancy past that since it wasn't really a prenatal. I just wanted to make sure my little bugger was still safely in there. She offered to scan me again next week, but I think I'll just tough it out until my prenatal on the 12th. Bright side, last Monday was HCG was at 1288. Today it was at 21,038. I have another draw on Wed to make sure it doubles. :)

Yay bump buddies! Have fun at your scan! Come back and post the picture!

will do!

Congrats on the scan!

The walls of the yolk sac are not quite thick enough yet to give you a nice white ring. So the two spots you see, the long white line and the little white speck to the right are the sides of your yolk sac I think. In a couple days you would be able to visualize the full white border of the yolk sac. This early on the baby is still attached to perimeter of the yolk sac and won't look separate from it until after 6 weeks roughly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->