5w5d abdominal scan confusion

Loup89

Reaction score
I had a transvaginal scan at 5w1d but they couldn't see anything, my hcg level was 680 they said this was low and told me to come back when I would be 5w5d which was yesterday.

They did an abdominal scan and NOT internal and saw gestational sac and what she thought was the yolk sac, I remember her saying she was 99% sure it a normal interuterine pregnancy. They didn't bother to do my bloods again to check they had increased enough but as far as I was aware they only needed to reach a level of 1500 to see anything on a scan which isn't high enough of a rise.
Is this just with transvaginal? Does anybody know what the levels to see anything on transabdominal are?

I'm going back in 10 days for another scan but I would just like to see if anyone knows to put my mind at rest :)

No idea re levels.

But I think that to go from nothing visible to a sac and possible yolk sac in 4 days is pretty good progress. Scans are more reliable than hcg levels once you can see a sac anyway. Sounds to me like all is well.

At 7 weeks they could barely see my baby with the abdominal scan. Saw everything perfectly with the transvaginal..I didn't even know they would do an abdominal that early

Thanks ladies :)
I have no idea why they did abdominal so early, I didn't even think about it until it was too late and I was leaving. They were quite busy and seemed like they wanted me in and out.
Fingers crossed for the next 10 days and we shall see :)

Sounds promising I had a vaginal scan at 5w5d and saw only a gestational sac been back today at 8w6d to see baby with heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->