5week 5day ultrasound

jctc

Reaction score
I had an ultrasound measuring 5weeks and 5days, but this is an estimate because I am irregular. I could see the getational sac and yolk sac, but no fetal pole. I know this is normal, but was wondering how quickly things change. If I had an ultrasound today (6weeks), would I see much more?

Not sure when it changes but I had a scan with my first at 5+4 and just saw sac and yolk but then another at 8 where baby was there.

I had a scan this pregnancy at 5+5 and saw sac and yolk only, same as you saw. I had to wait 12 days for another scan but when I went back all was ok.

i also had my first scan today at 6 weeks and could only see the sac and yolk, no heartbeat. i wish the nurse had of done an internal scan as she only done the tummy. i think it would have been clearer and showed more. so i have to wait 10 days until another scan x

I had a transvaginal u/s at exactly 6 weeks and we just saw the Sac and yolk. Going back after the new year.

I had a yolk sac and sac at 5w5d. My doctor highly suggested waiting a minimum of a week to allow both the fetal pole and heartbeat to form. I went back one week later and got to see bean with a perfect hb. Going in earlier than that would just cause more worry because you might see bean but not be able to measure the hb and then you have to go in again.

At 5w2d they saw nothing, not even a sac! At 5w4d they saw sac and yolk sac. And at 5w6d they found a heartbeat. I did IVF so we know the exact moment of conception. A few days off make a huge difference in the development. I wouldn't worry. But I would guess you should wait a few days (so not one day) to see a difference. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->