5weeks preggos, unfortunately 2 possible father's

hapixbuni

Reaction score
Sorry for how long this is. Trying to keep the drama low and things simple A is my ex E is a friend.

1st day of last period was oct 18. Cycle is normally 33days (unfortunately i
found out today my period tracker app had been calculating me at 31 days. This played a big part in me accidently getting pregnant)

Anyhow the right ovulation date i figured out today on tracker was Friday the 6th of November (the incorrect tracker date had told me it was on the 3rd). I had sex with E the following night on saturday, condom broke we continued anyways and he pulled out at the end. Sunday night i had sex with A, no condom and he finished inside.

Found out 2 days ago I'm pregnant! As of today im 5 weeks! I know no one can say for sure whose baby it is due to the close time frame, and i do plan on doing a non invasive paternity test asap, but i was wondering what yall think the chances are? In my head since A finished inside he had a most likely chance, but i know pulling out doesn't stop anything and E was closet to the ovulation day (doesn't the egg deteriorate within 12-24 hrs). I just want yalls thoughts. I go for my 1st u/s next week =]

I'd actually prefer if it was Es but do yall agree the likelihood of it being As?
Thanks!

I think A due to the fact he finished inside of you.. Good luck and keep us posted once you find out :hugs:

So wait let me get this straight...
3.You thought you Ovulated (incorrect tracker)
6. Probable ovulation (correct tracker)
7. With E
8. With A

If you ovulated on 6 or early 7, E would be more probable. I've got pregnant on condom/pulling out methods, some men even their pre-cum has sperm. Now just have to refrain from sex for whole ovulation. Also, according to research, being with the non-regular squeeze increases fertility of both men and women: probably the body thinks there's less of a chance, so testosterone goes up, orgasms are stronger, etc.

If you ovulated late 7 or 8, guy A is probable too.

Hope it turns out well, whatever the case!

(out of topic, I wish I got laid twice a week... So thumbs up on that...)

I say A. Although a broken condom is how I got pregnant two bfps ago. However, he didn't realize it was broken until he finished inside and was late pulling it out. I only trust temping so it can go either way, but my money is on A. If you have the money, you can do a paternity using a blood sample at 9-10 weeks for $1800 or 3 payments of $600. It's the same company that does the panorama. Sorry! Gl and congrats!

What condom did you use? Some are filled with spermicides.

hmmm tough call there! IF your tracker was correct and you really DID ovulate on the 6th, E is more likely to be the father; though... you could have easily ovulated a day or two later and then my money is on A.

whatever the outcome, i think the early fatherhood test is defo the best option. as pp said, panorama can do it pretty early with a blood test although it's really expensive.

Just keep in mind that with the paternity test, you will also find out the sex of the baby 100%, so if you wanna stay team yellow, make sure you mention that to the company who does the test!

hmmm tough call there! IF your tracker was correct and you really DID ovulate on the 6th, E is more likely to be the father; though... you could have easily ovulated a day or two later and then my money is on A.

whatever the outcome, i think the early fatherhood test is defo the best option. as pp said, panorama can do it pretty early with a blood test although it's really expensive.

Just keep in mind that with the paternity test, you will also find out the sex of the baby 100%, so if you wanna stay team yellow, make sure you mention that to the company who does the test!

Correct me if I'm wrong, I only looked into it briefly. I thought the paternity and sex screening/ genetic screening are separate entities, though most companies who do one can also do the other.

both tests can be done within the same procedure, depending on which markers you use for paternity testing. if a Y-chromosome marker is used for paternity testing (as baby boys get those exclusively and only from their biological dad) but there is no Y-chromosome present in the sample, you won't get any result from that marker, and thus you'll know that no Y chromosome is present in the sample (women bear only X ones). So indirectly, you'll know if it's a boy or not.

I don't know if panorama uses also Y-chromosome based markers for the paternity test (a combination of several markers is used for paternity testing), but since the procedure involves taking mother's blood to access baby's DNA, i see how a Y-chromosome one could be useful - as the hardest part with these tests is to distinguish baby DNA from mothers' (because you take blood directly from mom, so her DNA will be present in large excess of course, while baby one is there only in traces).

having said this, i don't know if the companies disclose these "side" results together with the paternity test, nor how the results are delivered to the customer:
ie. is it just a one-liner like"person E is the father" or "person E is not the father" and that's it, or they send proper detailed lab results with a full list of markers used and results obtained. (in this second case, it would be possible for the customer to deduce the sex of the baby if the sex-chromosome related markers are used).

I think it's impossible to know. If you were just using a period tracker and not a fertility tracker, which I'm assuming you weren't if you think it predicted ovulation wrong, then there's absolutely no way of knowing when you might have ovulated. Unless you were tracking your temps or other fertile signs, not just your period, it just takes a guess at when you might ovulate, which can be wildly off if you don't ovulate mid-way through your cycle and lots of ladies don't. Hope you get some answers when you have your test done.

Thanks for the info, skye! I didn't actually look at how it was done, just the price and when it could have been done in case things hit the fan once upon a time.

both is a possibility id wait to have a dna when baby is born x

I would say it's most likely A since he finished inside you. Not everyone has a perfect 14 day luteal phase so those period trackers are pretty useless. Mine says I ovulate on cycle day 12, but I have a shorter luteal phase so I actually ovulate anywhere between cycle day 14-16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->