5weeks prego, and the flu...

mommy2star

Reaction score
Well, I know what you might be thinking... flu? or morning sickness. This is my third time around, and the chills, runny nose and (TMI warning) diarrhea, coughing, are all extras. No fever, but generally I feel like hell!

We had a loss in September, and that has made me feel very anxious I think everything is ok with this baby... but maybe the normal symptoms of pregnancy, aside from nausea and exhaustion, are just covered up by the flu? I don't feel like eating, and I cant sleep all day because my lo is BUSY!

Also, my breasts hurt off and on... has anyone else experienced that?

I was also wondering, if I get really warm at night in bed will that harm the baby? I was a little sweaty this morning, but I still didn't have a fever so I should be ok?

I had the flu when I was 4 weeks all the way up to 6 weeks, just a few days before I was supposed to get the flu jab! It was torture I felt so ill. I was reassured by the doctor that it can't harm your baby at all. Try not to worry, I know it's hard but you'll be just fine. :)
I'm always hot in bed at night but I try to leave my window open a little just so I don't get too hot otherwise I want to throw up:(
I know everything's a worry but worrying doesn't change anything unfortunately, just makes us ladies a nervous wreck!
x

U poor thing! I can understand that you would be worried about bub!!! I don't really know if high maternal temps affect baby, sorry!!! Have you been to the dr?? I'm right there with u on the exhaustion front, and that's with not being sick myself!!!Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Did you get tested for the flu?

I only ask bc recently I had a fever, vomiting, runny nose, and coughing. I was tested; it wasn't the flu. Doc said it was another virus.

Perhaps lighter or less clothing and keeping a fan on will help.

My boys have just got over the flu, they've had it quite bad for 2 weeks! Unfortunately, I've just come down with it myself now, urghh!!! Morning sickness also just kicking in, what terrible timing lol!! :dohh:

Well, after a day of rest I am feeling a lot better. Morning sickness is really starting to kick up, and other than a runny nose I am fine. Maybe it wasn't the flu, but for awhile I did feel like I was dying... lol, kind of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->