6½ month old: awake times too short?

KatO79

Proud Mommy to Alexander
Reaction score
So my 6½ month old son (he'll be 7 months on May 5th) can only make it to about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes before showing tired signs (droopy eyelids, arches backward, makes this "oe oe" sound while kicking legs quickly, rubs his eyes and nose). I'm wondering if this is too short of a time to go before needing a nap? He used to get 3 naps a day but now they've increased to 4:wacko: He'll sleep about 1-2 hours in the morning and the rest of them are random, anywhere from 30 minutes to 1½-2 hours. He STTN and gets 3 meals a day plus breastfeeding in between meals.

Any advice or thoughts?

I remember at that age Gracie slept a lot too. Probably similar to what you are saying. In between naps she was super active though. I think from about 8 months she dropped a nap a month pretty much, she has maybe 1 nap per day now maximum. I was worried about it when she was around that age if I'm honest, but I think she she was just really active which tired her out!

I am guessing she is tired from her short naps? Will she sleep longer if she's held or in a swing or anything? I am sure if you just wait it out she'll eventually have longer naps and will be able to stay awake a bit longer.

I am guessing she is tired from her short naps? Will she sleep longer if she's held or in a swing or anything? I am sure if you just wait it out she'll eventually have longer naps and will be able to stay awake a bit longer.

He used to sleep longer being put down in the same way. The only thing that's changed a bit is that instead of barely rocking him I've gone over to no rocking at all unless he cries and it's been going well since he'll usually fall asleep within 10-20 minutes. I've been weaning him from rocking for the last 1-1½ months as per my HV's recommendation. I wouldn't think you keep rocking a baby of 6+ months and that you'd be weaning them at about that age? I can't hold and rock him either way as he weighs almost 9 kg now and is getting too old to be rocked. Plus he'll soon be transitioned to his crib as he's getting too big and heavy for his cradle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->