6+5/7 weeks pregnant, empty sac, hcg 13,000....please read

These scans can be a few days out I have had early scan at 6 and 8 weeks baby caught up
By the 12 week scan

My HCG levels have gone up to nearly 23,000 which is a great sign. It's 44% in 48hrs and around 75% in 96hrs. I had an internal and external pelvic exam with no pain so they've sent me home, I've got a scan at 10.55 tomorrow. The senior doctor said it looks more positive than negative! He said 'let's just hope the baby has been slow to latch on' I can't describe the roller coaster of emotions and I'm not out the woods yet but things look better i think. Xxx

hoping for the best for you!! my hcg levels were tested last week 3 days apart went from the 19,474 to somewhere around 30,000 so dr said it wasnt doubling and that it prob is still a mc buttttt i had my US today and saw a perfect little baby measuring a little behind at 7 weeks exactly with a heartbeat of 140 :kiss: so theres hope!!! our stories sound so much alike im hoping and praying for u that u get the same good news i did :flower:

Hello girls,

Been for scan (7+5 by my dates) Sac is still looking empty but has got bigger in size, looks like 7 weeks so catching up to my dates. She checked my overies and can't see anything bad, fluid etc? The consultant says shes pretty much ruled out an ectopic pregnancy so now its either a blighted ovum or a viable pregnancy thats just too small to see. They cant diagnose the blighted ovum until I've had another 2-3 scans (nhs proceedure) So I've just got to wait and hope ......so long story short I have to continue this torture until next Monday when they'll be rescanning me. Ill be 8+5 by then so if they don't see anything ill be asking for a d&c. The doc said its still possible for it to be viable but when I spoke to my midwife she said [sternly] that I have to prepare for the worst as it doesn't look good! I'm not feeling hopeful at all :-(

Thank you for all your support tho. Xxx

I am very sorry hun, you are going through this.
The situation is pretty much same for me, so I can guess what you are going through.Sometimes it is just a wait game.So please do not lose hope.Please go for your scan again and hope the baby is too small to be seen yet!
Lots of prayers!!!

Fingers crossed for you hun x

Fingers crossed for you lovely and thoughts with you also. x

I'm no expert, but I'd think if it was a mc, there'd be no sac.... with mine, the sacs were gone. My first pregnancy, I was terrified at my first appointment (about your same time), because I only saw the sac. I went back one week later, and I saw the baby, with a heartbeat!

I live in the U.S. and this is my first pregnancy. I was so curious as to whether I truly had something growing in my body, but the doctors kept telling me they wouldn't see me until 8 or 9 weeks, maybe even 10. I didn't have any spotting, but I still had no idea what to think or expect as this was my first. I went in at 9 weeks for my first ultrasound and saw the kiddo and the heartbeat. I suppose it all makes sense now. It seems like if you go in too early, you may not see anything and then possibly freak out for no reason.

Ok just to update you all, things didn't go we'll today, the Sac is still empty and has stayed around the same size (7 weeks) so I'm booked in for a D&C tomorrow. I can't wait for all this to be over and put this behind me.

I guess the outcome can't always be good. Thank you for all the support and those girls who stalked this thread. Good luck and H&H pregnancies to you. Hopefully I will be back here in 2013. xxx

I'm so sorry your having to go through this x

So sorry, words can't describe the shock and pain can they...I had an 8 week scan in July which showed a blighted ovum, had to have 2 more scans over 2 weeks then a d&e. I had sore boobs, rising hcg, no nausea though..but my body didn't realise there was no baby, so so sad. Broke my heart. BUT here I am nearly 9 weeks pregnant with a baby with a heartbeat...you will also have your baby in 2013, just a case of getting through this awful time, but you will I promise x Be good to yourself, your body tried its best and will give you your baby next time. Blighted ovums account for half of all miscarriages x

Thank you girls. There was a development today and as my hcg levels have risen to 25,000 they now have to do a laparoscopy before my d&c tomorrow so I've been admitted to hospital overnight as they're now concerned it could be an ectopic pregnancy. I'm crossing my fingers it isn't and is just straight forward but I won't know until after my op tomorrow.

It's truly awful not knowing what's going on and I'm a bit scared I won't see my babies again. I know I'm just thinking the worst but signing all the consent forms to agree to all scenarios really puts things in perspective.

A1983 thanks for your kind words they've really given me hope and just preying its a straightforward blighted ovum and not ectopic. If I lose a tube probs means I won't have another child because I'm 35.

Hopefully I'll be able to update you all tomorrow. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"