6 month Daytime nap routine

alio

Reaction score
Girls,

Please can you give me an idea of your LO's nap routine during the day - times they go down and for how long?

Also when they go to bed and when they wake..

I know all bubs are different but just want to know.

Thanks. xx

Hi Kathryn has a nap in the morning for about 45mins. It can be anywhere between 9.30 and 10.45. She then has another 45mins at about 2ish. She sometimes cat naps in her chair before bath time.
She has a bath at 6.45 then a bottle and bed.

She never seems to sleep for longer than 45 mins in her cot during the day. She'll sleep longer if I've walked her in the pram

Hannah wasn't a great napper until recently and even now it's a bit hit and miss but at 6 months she generally got up for the day at 7-7:30 and took a 30-45 minute nap within 2 hours of waking. The rest of the day she'd stay up 2-3 hours and take another 30-45 minute nap resulting in 3-4 naps a day. She was in bed at 6 most nights at that age!

Hi Kathryn has a nap in the morning for about 45mins. It can be anywhere between 9.30 and 10.45. She then has another 45mins at about 2ish. She sometimes cat naps in her chair before bath time.
She has a bath at 6.45 then a bottle and bed.

She never seems to sleep for longer than 45 mins in her cot during the day. She'll sleep longer if I've walked her in the pram

That's brilliant, thank you.. can i ask what time she gets up? xxxxx

at 6 months maddi would - get up between 8 and 9, have a nap from around 10 to 11, usually around an hour or so, then an afternoon nap, so from 1, for a good couple of hours, sometimes till 4, then bedtime between 7 and 8 and sleep through, she's always been a very sleepy baby :dohh: x

Jacob HATES napping unless were out :dohh: so ive got into the habit of going out at 11am and 2pm so he'll nap :dohh: if were out all day he'll nap on and off. But on typical day he gets up at 6am we go out at 11am and he had 30mins nap then we got out at 2pm and again 30mins-1hr depending how long were out but the min i stop moving he wakes! Then he has bath at 7pm bottle half 7 and bed at 8 then he is down for the night :) sometimes he gets up 1-2x in the night for his dummy othertimes he will go straight through.

BUT today im not feeling great so we stayed in all day and he never napped from 5am till 8pm :dohh: but by that time was so cranky but he wont go to bed any earlier and just wont nap :rofl: i put him in his cot and come back 20mins later and he is just playing with his feet :dohh: and he CAN self settle he does it at night and used to do it for naps but now he just isnt interested in naps :)

XxxX

Hi Hun

Rihanna wakes between 630/7, has a nap 930 - 1030, then another nap 1-2 then a quick nap 430-5.15pm ish, then bed 730/8 ish and sleeps through xx

girls you are lovely... just trying to get some idea.....

how does this sound?

fin gets up at 5.30 - 6.00 naps at 7.30 for an hour. naps again anywhere between 9 and 10 for about 30 mins. again at lunchtime for 30 mins and again about 3 and 5. he goes to bed at 7.00.....

i wish he would go to bed a bit later and sleep a bit later....

ho hum.......

cheers ladies. xxx

Maybe try pushing his naps :shurg: i found once i pushed jacobs naps he slept better. I.e Instead of napping at 7.30 see if you can get it to 8.30 and then push the next one and the next so he gets 3-4 decent naps in the day and so he is really tired when he goes to bed but not overtired ?? Only down side is once i did this jacob no longer wants naps :dohh: and is on the go ALL day But then he does sleep all night :shrug: I think i prefer it this way then to get a lil free time in the day but be up all night.

As he may be in the rountine of cap napping, i.e lots of lil naps instead of long naps and this is what he may be doing at night??? So in theroy if you can mold his naps in the day to longer ones over time this will transfer onto night times and he will sleep longer and deeper XxxX

Ema have you tried placing 3-4 dummies around Jacob at night? that's what we do with Hannah and it took a while but now most times she can find her own and settle back down. We very rarely have to go to her now :happydance:

Maybe try pushing his naps :shurg: i found once i pushed jacobs naps he slept better. I.e Instead of napping at 7.30 see if you can get it to 8.30 and then push the next one and the next so he gets 3-4 decent naps in the day and so he is really tired when he goes to bed but not overtired ?? Only down side is once i did this jacob no longer wants naps :dohh: and is on the go ALL day But then he does sleep all night :shrug: I think i prefer it this way then to get a lil free time in the day but be up all night.

As he may be in the rountine of cap napping, i.e lots of lil naps instead of long naps and this is what he may be doing at night??? So in theroy if you can mold his naps in the day to longer ones over time this will transfer onto night times and he will sleep longer and deeper XxxX

brilliant.. i think i'll try this...... just trying to work out what'll be best for when i go back to work too.... we'll see.. cheers honey. xx

with Hannah we found that no matter what time she goes to bed she always woke up at the same time :dohh: (luckily it's not 5:30 or I might shoot myself :rofl:)

Same jacob could go to bed at 7pm and wake at 6am but because both me and OH work (well oh did till last week) we wanted to spend time with him when we got in so 8pm suited us fine :)

And thanks vickie will try that. I think he just wants to know were there still :dohh: but will put 6 round him tonight :rofl: and see if he manages to grab at least one of them :) XxxX

Ellie wakes about 6.30/7.30 then she has a nap for about 45mins-1hr at 10.30/11.30 then she has a sleep at about 2/3 for 1hr and then bed at 7.30/8. If i go out she'll take another nap aswell it all depends on what time she gets up but id say most days she'll sleep twice for long naps but if she has 3 sleeps she has shorter naps. Fin sounds like his doing great chick! :)

Ellie wakes about 6.30/7.30 then she has a nap for about 45mins-1hr at 10.30/11.30 then she has a sleep at about 2/3 for 1hr and then bed at 7.30/8. If i go out she'll take another nap aswell it all depends on what time she gets up but id say most days she'll sleep twice for long naps but if she has 3 sleeps she has shorter naps. Fin sounds like his doing great chick! :)

thanks sweetheart. x

with Hannah we found that no matter what time she goes to bed she always woke up at the same time :dohh: (luckily it's not 5:30 or I might shoot myself :rofl:)

oh god that's what i feared!!!! xxx

Ema just make sure to leave one dummy out in xase he throws the rest overboard :rofl: they are hard to find in the dark

Jacob wakes up at 7 ish.

Naps at 9 ish, 12ish, 3ish and used to 6 ish but not so much now. He goes to bed at 8.30/9

Theyre usually 1/2 hr sleeps

Elliot's up at 6 30-7am, he'll nap anywhere between 9-10 for 1/2-hour. The have a nap after lunch sometime for another hour maybe. He'll usually have his tea, then about 7 he'll be tired. Bottle at 9 then off to bed for the night.

Things vary depending on if i'm out, or if we're at home. He'll happily nap in his pushchair for half hour or so. If i'm at home i'll put him down on my bed or he'll doze off in his car seat occasionally!

keely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->