6 month old waking every 2 hours for feed

Aww sounds like he's had a rough time Ashley! :(

Literati, yeah we're still in the thick of it too! She still wakes every 2 hours and is sometimes hard to settle, especially after the feeds I do before I've come to bed when I have to try and sneak off back downstairs!

Oh no! Sounds brutal.My dd is harder to settle before I've gone to bed as well. It sounds ridiculous, but I was practically giddy because my dd stayed in her crib for 1 hour and ten minutes before her first wake-up tonight. Normally she wakes up after about 30 minutes for the first part of the night! Gag! I think she is finally doing a 4ish hour stretch starting at about midnight which is good but yeah really no improvement before or after that! Also she is sometimes waking up super early to party even though she's actually tired! It is so annoying when they take a long time to resettle.

I really hope both our LOs start to improve a bit soon! One tiny improvement tonight is I was also able to rock dd back to sleep for her first waking whereas she would normally insist on nursing. :)

Ooh that's good, I love those minor victories! :haha:

Mine too actually! Last night and the night before it took ages before I was able to successfully sneak off and leave her in bed! She was feeding for AGES so I just pulled away thinking she MUST be asleep by now, but every time she woke up and rooted for more! I tried just rocking /bouncing her and that worked but then as soon as I put her down she'd stir again. Was exhausting, and by this point I was starving too! :nope:

Oh well.. things can only get better eh? Like you said, you really appreciate the little stuff don't you! Mine went for over an hour before she first woke up the other day and I was jumping for joy haha! I think once you're over that first part where you're like "WHAT IS GOING ON, YOU WERE DOING SO WELL!" and you just resign yourself to your fate you're actually fine!

How are you actually sleeping then? I'm sleeping much better now I'm used to it, as I think you saw in my other thread :)

I'm still here too:wave:
DS cut 4 (4!!) teeth in 2/3 weeks and I hope he's finished teething for a bit.
He also slept 4 hours in one go the other night but then was up every half hour- an hour :( Last night he was only up 4 times which is a good night, I'm so tired ladies. It's really taking its toll as I have no time to myself- when he goes to bed I do too otherwise I get no sleep:nope:

I'm still here too:wave:
DS cut 4 (4!!) teeth in 2/3 weeks and I hope he's finished teething for a bit.
He also slept 4 hours in one go the other night but then was up every half hour- an hour :( Last night he was only up 4 times which is a good night, I'm so tired ladies. It's really taking its toll as I have no time to myself- when he goes to bed I do too otherwise I get no sleep:nope:

Aww I know, it's hard isn't it.. :( I always just try and tell myself it's just a phase. No matter how long it lasts, it WILL pass! Not sure if that works for you but it does for me! :haha:

Vicky - I hear you! Most of the time I go to sleep when she does and wake up when she does which is kind of ridiculous considering she has a 11-12 hour night! But all the wake-ups are so tiring! Your LO's sleep sounds very similar to mine.

AK - yes, we definitely have to just resign ourselves to our babies' terrible sleep or else we'd go crazy! I am sleeping pretty decently as well since I am used to it. Although I often crash early at night, I rarely feel sleep deprived during the day, so that's good! I'm glad you're sleeping better as well.

Mines up every hour at night still! No teeth. Only just stated blw.

I'm exhausted I don't go to bed when she does because it's before I've had tea!

Zombie mum here

I think weaning has a lot to answer for. It was more or less the EXACT same time that we weaned ours that she started doing this too. It's a common misconception that weaning helps them sleep better cos a full baby is a sleepy baby. In reality weaning wreaks havoc on their little digestive systems and I think messes up their sleep too!

*sleepy wave* still here too! Getting worse here also... Currently in bed getting ready to get a half hour of sleep in before the wake ups begin... Wishing everyone a few hours in a row! X

We're on our third midnight party in a row... really cherishing these moments! :wacko: :haha:

Thank you for sleep wishes. I'm kind of beyond hoping now and just putting my head down and getting through it!!

Yep, it certainly is a 'special' time... X

Hahaa oh yes. I'm with you ladies! I ended up with insomnia last night because I was panicking about her still sleeping this terribly when I go back to work. Eep.

Any of you bf ladies looking into food you or baby can eat to boost melatonin levels In the hope of more sleep?

Just been told about this supposedly bananas oranges pinapple tomatoes are all good,

Worth a shot?

Any of you bf ladies looking into food you or baby can eat to boost melatonin levels In the hope of more sleep?

Just been told about this supposedly bananas oranges pinapple tomatoes are all good,

Worth a shot?[/QUOTE

Im still here as well!! His sleep seems to be getting worse not better. He has just cut his top teeth as well as the bottom and he also has more coming down at the top. Poor little man. Thats really interesting about the food I will certainly give that a go. I have ended up putting him in our bed throughout the night as he seems to settle better in there x

Worth a shot?

That's interesting 'cause my DD had some banana not long before bed and she's been asleep now for much longer than she normally would for her first stretch! (2 hours! :wacko:)

She's stirred quite a bit too and got herself back to sleep...nothing better than seeing that happen :happydance:

Hahaa oh yes. I'm with you ladies! I ended up with insomnia last night because I was panicking about her still sleeping this terribly when I go back to work. Eep.

Aww I hear ya, I'm just dreading going back to work in general :nope:

Ooh! I wish we had some banana now! I will definitely be trying that when we get some next! Does it have to be right before bed?

AK- I am just dreading it in general as well. But the middle of the night is as great a time as any to think of new worries. :p

Can I join you ladies? My 6 month old is a crummy sleeper as well and it would be nice to have others to talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->