6 months old how much water?

Amour

Reaction score
My DD is just over 6 months old and started food last week but I can't get her to drink much/ any water. She doesn't like the taste and isn't really used to a bottle and sippy cup is even worse. She does know how to use the bottle and will if she's hungry and it has breastmilk in.

How much water should she be drinking? How can I get her to drink water?

If she is breastfed, she really doesn't need water yet.your milk in a bottle is sufficient.

Interested to hear answers as we're starting blw in a few weeks.

I think I'll just put her sippy out for fun for her but she can't really drink from it or a bottle yet so I don't anticipate much water going down her.

My little one has been weaning now for a few weeks, and has rally taken to it, we are doing baby led weaning, i did buy him a sippy as always planned to offer it, but have completely forgotton each time haha, especially as once he finished eating he wants boob ( he moans to get out then pulls at my top ) pretty much straight after, so it has alway sskipped my mind, however my intention was to alway sjust put it on the highchair for him to just play around, throw around etc until he works out what to do and decides he wants it,

breast milk will do the job, they dont need the water but you can offer, but dont panic if its not been drank :)

My lo didn't drink much water at that age, one or two sips max... But I consistently offer water in a sippy cup after every meal. I always put the cup on her table to remind myself lol.

Now she takes whatever she wants, she will grab the cup if shes thirsty and drops the cup if she's done with water. Now she takes about 3oz ish on a hot day.

My lo didn't drink much water at that age, one or two sips max... But I consistently offer water in a sippy cup after every meal. I always put the cup on her table to remind myself lol.

Now she takes whatever she wants, she will grab the cup if shes thirsty and drops the cup if she's done with water. Now she takes about 3oz ish on a hot day.

Your baby is absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for the replies ladies

Your baby is absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for the replies ladies

Awww~ thanks... She was so peaceful when she's little :haha:

I always put a sippy cup on the high chair with her food so she could have it if she wanted. But I would also BF her after her food.
Breast milk is mostly water so water isn't essential :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->