6 months TTC.... alcohol questions...

rochelleaimee

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm writiing this post because my husband and I have been TTC since July with no luck - im 22, he's 26. I think it's taking us this long because I was on the depo for one three month cycle in the very beginning of this year... anyway :

My ovulation will take place sometime between the dates of the 15th-18th of this month... but here's my dilemna. I'm a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding on the 17th. Could drinking affect my ovulation? I dont plan to go all out of control but I definitely want to enjoy myself and celebrate with my girrrl.

Might be a stupid question but I really dont know and I dont want to prolong our TTC journey..

Thanks. :wacko:

I would also like some opinions I'm kinda in the same boat; my birthday is this month around the time I ovulate and would like to have a good time (not crazy good time) but a fun night out but not if it is going to delay or screw up my cycle .... So following :)

I think if you want to have a glass of wine go for it ,but I would stay away from hard liquor and avoid drinking altogether in the 2ww.

I would say have fun. You don't need to limit the type of alcohol, just don't go crazy. Baby doesn't even connect to your blood flow right away. It's not going to cause harm.
When I'm ttc, I live life as I would until I know I'm pregnant...within reason.
My babies are both totally healthy.
Have fun and good luck!

It couldn't cause any harm to the fetus at a couple of days past ovulation because it will still be in the fallopian tube, not attached to you if it is there :)
BUT a large amount of alcohol can cause your body to be a bit in shock from all the toxins, like if you have a bad hangover that's what you're feeling and that might make your body stressed and less likely to get pregnant that month.
Those are my thoughts anyway, so enjoy yourself and don't feel guilty, just don't over do it. Being relaxed might help! :) X

What I read, is the time frame that the foetus is most damaged by alcohol is the first trimester. So, yes, it does make sense to not drink while TTC. Drinking alcohol around the time of ovulation lowers your chance of successful conception.

However, my wife told me that her friend’s doctor said that the two weeks between ovulation and your missed period, you can’t do much to the embryo from a few drinks. So, it’s controversial. In your case, even if you conceived on the day you ovulated, the fertilised egg wouldn't implant for up to a week later. I can't imagine anything you drink would pass at that point, since technically you are not supporting it yet.

I think you don’t need to abstain it all together. It's a personal decision though. To be on safer side, don’t go binge drinking while TTC – it’s okay to have a drink or two and enjoy yourself, but don’t go out and get hammered and definitely stop drinking as soon as you know you’re pregnant.

The motto on other websites i frequent is ''Drink till the 2 lines turn pink'' Obviously its best to stay away from it during your TWW but honestly your so close to O that i wouldn't worry about it much.. its not even implanted in you by that time anyways.

One night will be fine. You've advised the wedding is in the middle of when you Might ovulate. It won't affect ovulation, and it's not as if you said you are going to be a binge drinking pregnant lady. You won't even be pregnant yet at all.

Go out, enjoy your night, get in some BD'ing, and just rehydrate the day after.

Enjoy and good luck! Who knows, maybe the wedding night will be when sperm meets egg ha ha

Ahhhhh enjoy yourself. You never know when you'll conceive it took 9months to conceive DS. And I'm 10months ttc this baby. On the first I cut back on excercises, sugar and alcohol. The month I got pregnant I went to a wedding drank for a whole weekend done power lifts and ate nothing but fizzy drinks and crisps. So you just never know.
Go out, turn off and enjoy.

Drink up, buttercup. Drinking during O is not going to make one ioda of difference with conception.

Think of all of the drunken one night stands that ended up with a pregnancy.

Until your missed period the fetus isn't going to be effected yet. Especially around ovulation, there's no shared blood during development. I'm 22 and my husband is 26 also, so we've talked about this to our doctor before.
The only thing he said about drinking while trying is to not binge. Not because it can hurt a fetus, but because your body gets very stressed from the dehydration that comes with the hangover. You can get drunk, as long as you don't go over board and give yourself alcohol poisoning you should be fine lol
This was my #1 question being so young.
Good luck! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"