6 week cycle.. OV question

Siuan

Reaction score
Hi all, OH and I were discussing last night how to know when I'm OVing considering I have a 6 week cycle. I know that on a normal 28 cycle, OV is around the 14 day mark (is that right?) so should I be expecting OV around that same time on a 42 day cycle? Or would it be more to the middle of the 42 days?!

Does anyone know? Obviously, we're not testing for OV and all that yet, but just out of interest?

well my last cycle was 43 dasy and i o'd on cd 32.. but anywhere from cd 27 - 30 would be considered normal according to a 14 day lp.. if your is longer try earlier and if its shorter then try after :D

also on a cycle there is three parts. the follicular stage where the egg gets ready.. this varies.. ovulation and then the luteal phase which on average is 14 days no matter how long your cycle is (lp can range from possibly 8 at the least to 16 at the most).. so count 14 days form your next due af and thats when you should bd around..

Thanks vicky... I'm a bit confused though (sorry for being dim!)

Having looked up the anagrams 'cos I'm still quite new to this new language! I don't understand the bit about the 14 day luteal phase? Isn't that the time between ov and af? I'm not sure how to work this out if I don't know when I ov?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions!

EDIT - and as I typed that question, you've answered it!! Lol! Thank you :D

no thats fine.. yes the luteal phase is between ovulation and af.. you can do many things to check to see if you have ovulated.. there is your cervix position.. (should be high, soft and open), cervical mucus (clear and stretchy like egg whites), ovulation tests which tells you 24 - 48 hours before ovulation occurs (for a positive the test line must be darker or equal the control line), basal body temping (taking temp first thing every morning) this only helps to tell if you have as your temp will rise after ovulation but can tell you how long your luteal phase is, saliva ferning (saliva ferns near ovulation) etc..

wow! I never knew it was such a scientific process!! It almost takes the romance out of the whole thing doesn't it?! lol!

But basically, 14 days from next due af is the optimum time then. Having read other threads as well, I do get sore boobs at around 28-35 days. Perhaps that's another sign. Hmm, well that's a good start anyway! Thank you :)

yeah so if you dont wanna wreck the mood just tery between 28 and 35 days and you should be right.. thats alright im here to help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->