6 week scan

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
Is this likely to be a vaginal ultrasound? I'm just mentally preparing!

More than likely, but they may try abdominal first x

I've had a scan at 6 weeks before and they tried abdominal first and then vaginal because they couldn't see clearly.

I had a scan at 7 weeks and they didn't even attempt abdominal. Went right in lol

Most definetaly vaginal. No worries it does not hurt :)

I had a six week scan today, they tried an ultrasound and then did an internal scan, it didnt hurt, although I spotted a bit after, probably just because I had some action!

I had a scan at 9 weeks and they attempted abdominal before giving up and going for the vaginal lol I have to think if they couldn't get a clear picture at 9 weeks then 6 weeks is almost guaranteed :)

I had one at 6+3 with DS, they tried abdominal first and were able to see baby and heartbeat, so we didn't do transvaginal. They thought I was 8+6 going into the appointment though (irregular cycle) so if they had known I was 6 weeks they may not have done abdominal first.

I think it depends on the clinic, mine will be vaginal scan x

Thanks all, prepared for a vaginal then, just hope I don't spot after or something or I'll go nuts! Praying to see a heartbeat. The scan is tomorrow at 1pm. Am I likely to see a heartbeat at 6+0?

It will probably be internal but whenever I've had one, it's always been a very thin wand and once you are over the unusual situation, you'll be fine in terms of comfort.

I believe 6 weeks is the VERY earliest a hb can be detected so if you are even a day out with your dates (not necessarily with lmp but if fertilisation happened towards the end of the life cycle of the egg), you may not see it. Try not to be alarmed (easier said than done, I know). If they can't see a hb tomorrow but the sack is the right size, they will probably ask you back in a week. I had this with pregnancy with dd so this time, I've waited until I will 7weeks 3 days to have first scan, just to be sure.

It works the other way too - you could have dates out in your favour and see a heartbeat!

This website is really useful in terms of preparing you for what you will see at scans:

https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html#week13

Good luck... It will be magical seeing your baby for the first time!x

Thanks all, prepared for a vaginal then, just hope I don't spot after or something or I'll go nuts! Praying to see a heartbeat. The scan is tomorrow at 1pm. Am I likely to see a heartbeat at 6+0?

If you did it would only be coming from blood sacs on your cervix these can burst randomly throughout pregnancy anyways is no harm.

At 6 weeks your looking at 40% chance of seeing hb (thats my opinion) if you implanted early there is a higher chance you will see the hb. I went in at 7+1 but measured 6+5 and see a hb, if i had gone in at 6w i wouldnt of seen that hb. All measurements were spot on come 12w. Good luck

Thanks ladies, I saw the heartbeat! :happydance: They only let me peek for a couple of seconds but I saw pulsing in the centre of what she said was the baby and asked if it was the heartbeat and she said yes :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->