6 week scans

Mrnmrsm

TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Has anyone got any 6 week ultrasounds I could see please? (Not internal ultrasound just normal stomach)

I have an early scan booked when i’m 5+6 next Thursday just for reassurance. I know I won’t see much and most proberly not a heartbeat, I never seen a heartbeat at my sons 6 week scan.

Just wanted to see what I should expect

Thanks!

All I saw on a Transvaginal at 5+5 was a yolk sack so I’d be surprised if they see much abdominal at that stage x

I'm surprised you aren't getting a transvaginal sono this early on. I had one done at 6+1 with DD2 and saw the yolk sac and a fetal pole. We even got to hear the hb then.

Earliest I had one was around 8 weeks and it was a vaginal one.

But now I'm curious!

They probably won’t do an abdominal ultrasound, just FYI

Last time I got one was 7+3 and saw a little bean, and saw/heard the HB...I’m going for one tomorrow with this LO, and hoping to see the same- is it a private scan you’re going for? Could you try and hold out for another week to see a little more?

Yes i’m paying private due to hubby going to work away for 10 weeks.

I had a vaginal scan at 6 weeks with my son and that was really clear.

As I said i’m not expecting to see a heartbeat I’m purely going for peace of mind to see a sac in the right place

I haven’t got a photo, but I went for a scan at what I thought was 6 weeks but they said I was likely 3-4 days behind what I thought. So there was literally a gestational sac and a yolk sac, and nothing else at that point. 8 days later everything was a touch bigger and there was the tiniest fetal pole attached to the yolksac. Like a tiny round dot with a flicker!

I had to have an internal scan as my uterus tilts backwards. She saw absolutely nothing on the abdominal as it was so awkward and even struggled on the first scan with the internal.

If you google image ultrasounds at 5.5 weeks you’ll see a lot of scans with a black round shape with a white circle inside, that’s pretty much an idea of what I saw x
Please bare in mind that you could potentially be off by a few days sometimes so if you’re actually earlier than you think you might not see a yolks sac yet. I don’t want it to cause you extra worry.
They’ll likely offer a follow up though!
Even at 6 weeks some people have just been a couple of days out from seeing a heartbeat, 6.5 weeks to 7.5 weeks tends to be when most people see the heartbeat.

Hope the scan goes well for you xx

Yes my sons 6 week was just sac and yolk sac no feral pole or heartbeat but by 8 weeks he was wriggling like a jellybean.

I’ll no doubt have another at around 8/9 weeks but want hubby to be part of it too

5+2 was just a sac transvaginal. Follow up at 6+6 showed heartbeats. My daughter I didn’t have a scan til 7+3

I've never heard of seeing anything well external at 6 weeks.also at true 6 weeks the most you might see is a fetal pole with low heartrate. You likely will only see the sac. Don't get too worried at this point.

Thanks for all your replies ladies!
I won’t be getting any hopes you and won’t be worrying I kinda just wana see a sac and i’ll be happy after an ectopic scare before my son

I had one at what I thought was 6weeks 3days but was told I was only 5 weeks which I still find hard to believe as there was a heartbeat so you never know x

I think a lot depends on the equipment they have and the skill of the sonographer. The equipment most doctors have isn't good enough to see much on an external scan at that stage but if their equipment is good enough it can be quite clear at 6 weeks.

That early they should do transvaginal not abdominal because they won't see much. With DS2 at 5+6 we saw his hb but this was transvaginal. With DD I can't remember when but we had an early scan where we saw her hb, this time we had a scan at 6+5 and saw a hb too, these were all transvaginal. I think they're more likely to see more abdominally a couple of weeks later, but even then it won't be ideal.
You should be able to see whether they're in the right place, but that's about it

It’s a private scanning place they don’t have the transvaginal equipment. I can’t only have a transvaginal scan at the early pregnancy unit if I have bleeding

I see. How odd they don't have the equipment! Have you had any losses before? If so, would your unit scan you for reassurance given your history? Just wondering because here they will do. Some do some don't

Yes I had a ectopic scare (was a missed miscarriage in the end) and an early miscarriage before my son. When I found out I was pregnanct with my son I rang them up and told them and they booked me in for a 6 week and 8 week scan, but I feel too nervous to ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->