6 week ultrasound. Need help!

heather_marie

Reaction score
I am 6 weeks pregnant, have had brown spotting for the past 5 days. My HCG levels are a little low but doubling every 48-72 hours as normal. I went in for my first ultrasound yesterday and the tech "thinks" he saw a gestational sac but woudln't confirm it. So of course we didn't see a yolk sac or fetal pole. He said my uterus is measuring at 6 weeks but it looks like i'm only 3-4 weeks. I'm starting to worry. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what was the outcome?

I am in the same position, except my hcg levels first went down, doubled, and now rising slowly. They saw the sac but no baby. The doctor told me that it might an ectopic pregnancy, but don't know yet. and he wanted to get it out and perform a dnc.

In your case your hcg levels are normal then just wait it out. You'll be fine. I don't know what to do either because I've been spotting on and off for almost two weeks now and its been crazy. Just be calm, I'm pretty sure you're fine. Take care.

I am in the same position, except my hcg levels first went down, doubled, and now rising slowly. They saw the sac but no baby. The doctor told me that it might an ectopic pregnancy, but don't know yet. and he wanted to get it out and perform a dnc.

In your case your hcg levels are normal then just wait it out. You'll be fine. I don't know what to do either because I've been spotting on and off for almost two weeks now and its been crazy. Just be calm, I'm pretty sure you're fine. Take care.

If they saw the sac in your uterus it cannot be ectopic; I had severe pinching/pain in my left ovary and they thought it was that, but it ended up being a cyst on my left ovary. Sac was located in uterus so ectopic was ruled out. :thumbup:

I don't want to worry you, but want to respond with honesty...I had a MMC back in August and before I went for the ultrasound my bloodwork looked like I was anywhere from 6-8 wks...the ultrasound however only showed a gestational sac with a small yolk sac and no fetal pole yet. The sac measured 5 wks. I went back 10 days later and they did another ultrasound. The sac was larger, but the yolk sac was way too big and the tiny fetal pole that had formed had no heartbeat. :cry: I had a d & c two days later and the analysis showed a chromosomal abnormality. Doctor said I would have miscarried on my own eventually anyway. I hope its not the same for you. Best wishes. :hugs:

Thank you for your responses. I fear that it is a blighted ovum because the symptoms and HCG levels mimick a normal pregnancy. This is my 4th pregnancy, with the other 3 all ending in ectopics. With this pregnancy I have had left sided pain the whole time but they have not yet confirmed another ectopic. And I've also read that with an ectopic your body can create a psuedo sac (fake sac) even though the baby will never make it there. So this is another worry of mine.

I'm obviously paranoid. But it's because i've had bad luck and had some confusing things happen with this pregnancy as well.

Thank you for your responses. I fear that it is a blighted ovum because the symptoms and HCG levels mimick a normal pregnancy. This is my 4th pregnancy, with the other 3 all ending in ectopics. With this pregnancy I have had left sided pain the whole time but they have not yet confirmed another ectopic. And I've also read that with an ectopic your body can create a psuedo sac (fake sac) even though the baby will never make it there. So this is another worry of mine.

I'm obviously paranoid. But it's because i've had bad luck and had some confusing things happen with this pregnancy as well.

When you were ectopic how long did it take them to rule it was ectopic? What did they do? Because the doctor told me I might have it but I don't feel pain, just spotting here and there and not doubling hcg levels.

With my first one I found out I was pregnant when I was 5-6 weeks along and two days after I had a positve HPT I got a bad pain in my left side and spotting started about an hour later. I went straight to ER and they diagnosed me with an ectopic because my levels were low and the pain was getting worse. They did an emergency surgery because they thought my tube had ruptured. Thankfully it hadn't, and my tubes were not damaged.

On the second one I had a pain on my right side (before I had a missed period) and I tend to get ovarian cysts, so I thought that's what it was. I went to the ER because the pain was getting worse and I was told I was pregant. They took my HCG levels and they were very low. 48 hours later they only increased by like 10, so they confirmed another ectopic. It passed on it's own and they did a D&C to clean everything out and help it end quicker (per my request).

On my third one I was having pain on my right side and had a feeling I was pregnant so I took a HPT 3 days before my period was to start. With it being positive I was instantly worried and went to get checked out. My levels once again were not doubling (barely even increasing) and my DR decided to do a surgery right away to avoid another (possible) rupture. When they did the surgery they saw that my right tube was so badly damaged, they were unable to save it and it was removed.

I have read that people have had ectopics even if they do not have a pain. I think this is probably rare, but it does happen. Also people have had ectopics with doubling and tripling HCG levels. Again, rare but it happens. I would keep a very close eye on it if they are suspecting an ectopic because it can get bad real quick. And you don't want to lose a tube. Sorry this is so long and I hope it doesn't scare or worry you, but I hope this info helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->