6 weeks and wiping brown discharge

BabyLove4ever

Reaction score
Hello, I was 6 weeks yesterday and started wiping brown discharge every other time I went to the toilet. It happened again this morning. Is this normal? I didn't have this with my 1st pregnancy and he is now a healthy 5 year old. I rang the doctors last night, she didn't ask to see me but said it could be either a threatened mc or the neck of my womb shedding! I'm really worried and I don't have my scan until I'm 9 weeks and 6 days. I can't wait that long, can anyone tell me if they experienced this?

Any bleeding in pregnancy is called a threatened miscarriage. Doctors seem to not think about what they're saying when they say those words :dohh:

I had brown spotting from 3-5 weeks pregnant and at around 8 weeks pregnant. Along with a massive bleed at 7 weeks. And everything worked out okay for me. Hopefully it'll be the same for you too :flower:

If it gets worse, maybe go and see your doctor and see if you can get an earlier scan?

Massive hugs sweetie I'm sorry your going through this. With my son I had one incident of brown bleeding at 9 weeks and everything was fine. Then with this baby I've bled red blood from weeks 7-12 on and off and had 3 scans and each time everything was ok. Bleeding doesn't always mean something bad but I know how unbearable the wait is. Thinking of you x x

Thank you so much both of you. I hope everything is ok, it's a scary experience! I think I will ring epu in the morning to see if I can get a scan before work just to put my mind at ease!

I've had the same thing this morning when I wiped (after straining when doing a poo, sorry tmi!!! But not sure if that's why?!). Been to the toilet again and nothing. Really worried as I haven't even been to the doctors yet as I only found out on friday.

Are you still losing brown discharge now?

Hey, how far on are you? I am still wiping brown discharge, it's not a massive amount but still on the tissue. Actually as you say that, I was exercising yesterday and it started as soon as I got home, I mentioned this to the doctor but she said no this was not caused by anything I done, it can happen! I still want to know what exactly is happening to me! I am going to ring the early pregnancy unit in the morning to see if I can get a scan! I will keep you updated. Hope your ok aswell, the very kind comments I received earlier have defiantly calmed me down! xox

I'm 6 weeks today (or some calculators keep putting me a few days behind!).

Do you have any pain at all? My mum had a massive bright red bleed when she was pregnant with me at 20 weeks, so it does happen. And obviously I was ok! ;) FX for you. Try to stay calm x

I had brown/pink discharge when wiping with my son and this time (as far as i know we are ok but no scan). Mine was right when my period was due so nobody seemed concerned at all. As Im sure other have said rule of thumb is if it isn't heavy, red and you aren't in pain you should be ok. Brown is old blood and tissue so can be harmless - in most of the UK you can phone your local early pg unit and speak to them for advice without going through your doctor.

Congratulations to all the lovely ladies expecting.

No, I'm not in any pain, I mean I do get cramps but that's been happening for a few weeks! Oh my goodness, thats crazy, it seems to happen, I am glad I signed onto this site. I thought brown was old blood aswell so I wasn't too concerned until the doctor said it could be a threatened mc or the neck of the womb shedding, so hopefully it's nothing serious. It seems a lot of women expierence this! Thanks everyone xx

I'm the same with cramps! Everyday for the past couple of weeks usually around midday for a few hours on and off, I'm hoping it's normal?! What with the brown discharge this morning I'm really on edge though x

I think it is normal as its the uterus stretching, I don't remember having it with my 1st pregnancy but that was over 5 years ago! Hopefully it's nothing to worry about! I am still passing it, has yours calmed down any? xx

I have this still...From 4 weeks all the way up to six weeks where I am right now....doctor knows says its normal i guess....it worries me lots

This should reassure you some..I'm almost 7 weeks now but a few days ago I had red spotting..bright red..ended up being a subchronic hemmorage which is completely normal and will change from red to pink brown..I say rest with your feet up...go to the ER if you wannna have a look ans make sure..brown is normally okay and just nothing..maybe blood from implanation finally making its wat out!

Hello - trimester thread hopping! Promised I would pass on some reassurance to all the bleeders/spotters out there when I got to the third tri!! If it helps ease your mind at all, I had brown spotting (that was sometimes mixed with red) at the time of BFP, the weeks following, and then basically every four weeks until like 20 weeks! Even now I occasionally have a tiny bit - and was just at the doctor Friday and baby is perfectly fine!!!

Obviously spotting is always scary (thankfully my docs were reassuring!) and not considered "normal" - but for me it was!! Maybe that's just how your body does it too :)

Try not to fret and relax (so hard to do I know :) ) and enjoy the early stages of your pregnancy -
Especially if you're still feeling great! Here's betting everything is perfect and your little one is just getting nestled deeper and safely inside!!!

Congratulations! :hugs:

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and have had spotting and bleeding since 6 weeks. I always have the brown spotting, but the red comes and goes. It is worse if I do anything strenuous. I have had 2 scans so far and they showed all was well. They have no idea why the bleeding, but do say it happens to lots of women (spotting is more common than actual bleeding, but both can happen!)

Just to add if you do get a scan one of the first questions they always asked me was 'have you had any cramps?' and when I'd answer yes they always looked at me with this really pitying look as if they knew it was bad news, just try to relax x x

I just got some very light and a tiny amount of brown discharge when I wiped. Im freaking a bit. Dh and I had sex yesterday so not sure if thats the cause but I thought it would happen straight afterwards if it was. Any thoughts? Hope all is ok with u OP xxx

I was up at the Early Pregnancy Unit at my local hospital this morning because of spotting and really painful cramps/back pain. I'd bled more than this in my first pregnancy so was only really concerned because of the pain which was making me worry about an ectopic.

Had a scan and baby is in right place and has a heart beat, but there were signs of bleeding right next to the yolk sac so I've been told it's a threatened miscarriage. Have to go back in 2 week to be scanned again and it's a case of either I'll miscarry fully before that or I find out then if baby is surviving or not. The next 2 weeks are going to go very very slowly...

Would definitely recommend going to your EPU if you're spotting there. Everyone was really supportive and helpful to me - it just sucks that all I can do is play the waiting game.

Oh dear k123, I hope everything will be ok!! Fingers and toes crossed for you pet!!

I wana thank all the lovely people that helped put my mind at rest and gave me advice, also thank you to all concerned!!

Just an updated for everyone, I spent just over 5 hours in a&e last night, got booked in for a scan today with epu and.... Everything is FINE!!!!!! I am so happy, it's little heart was beating fast and strong!! I was told that it is actually very common for woman to bleed in the 1st trimester or even throughout their pregnancy! The midwife was absolutely lovely and totally understanding!! The midwife explained, this happens to a lot of women and they aren't concerned, they don't know where the bleeding comes from and they do not go looking for the cause!!

Thanks again everyone...

Are you still spotting now? I am and it seems to be constant now, with a pink tinge this morning too. Can't help but think it's the worst :( I'm on holiday too so can't do anything about it for a few days.... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->