6 weeks post MC, Positive HPT slowly getting darker and now bleeding like AF.

CountryMomma

Momma of 3, pregnant with number 4
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I know your advice is not comparable to a Dr visit but I can't get into see her until Monday so I am going to ask anyways.. I had a natural MC on 16 April, I bled for about 1 week steady then on and off for another 2 weeks. Was feeling great so figured everything went good. Due to a death in the family and having to travel I was not able to get in for a checkup from the Dr to make sure everything came away but I called my doc and they said as long as I was not bleeding profusely and as long as the bleeding stopped I should be ok but to come in if I started showing signs of retained product. Anyways, I was going through my cupboard two days ago and found a left over HPT so decided what the hell, I'll take it just to use it up. At this point it has been 6 weeks since my MC. To my utter astonishment it came up positive. My first thought was HCG left from MC but it shouldn't have taken 6 weeks to go down, then I thought maybe I had retained some tissue, so decided to keep testing to see if it got darker or stayed the same. Well I have tested every day since then and the tests are slowly getting darker BUT yesterday I started to bleed. It started off as just some spotting and then it has gotten a bit heavier, like a very light AF, haven't even filled a pad in two days. I figured since I started bleeding the tests would start to get lighter but they are still getting darker. Like I said I am calling dr in the morning but just wondering if anyone had this happen or has and info or advice. Ill attach some of my tests. They are in order of 5/19, 5/20, 5/21, and 5/22.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 10
First, I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

If it helps, I bled from 4 to 9 weeks with this pregnancy, and all the while tests were continuing to get darker. I bled from 4-7 weeks when pregnant with DD in 2012, and in that case tests were getting darker too. I think if tests are getting darker, it's probably an indication that it is a new pregnancy, and that things are still moving forward. However, the bleeding issue definitely needs to be checked out via ultrasound and bloodwork because, if it's indeed a new pregnancy, it's best to rule out the worst cases (ectopic) and find out if the other possibilities (such as subchorionic hematoma) are present so that they can be monitored and treated as much as possible.

This will also give that definitive answer about whether this is a new pregnancy or fluctuating hCG levels after your loss. I will say I've never heard of tests getting darker following an m/c unless it was a new pregnancy, but admittedly I don't know much on the topic. I've only ever heard of them getting lighter, and sometimes taking a very long time to go negative. Only betas will tell what the hCG is actually doing--tests can be so wonky!

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your personal experience. I think right now my biggest concern is on if it is a new pregnancy or retained product or HCG from the MC (seems least unlikely). If it is a new pregnancy I am very concerned with the bleeding but you have given me reassurance that its not always a bad thing and doesn't always mean you are losing the little bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->