6 wks- no detected pregnancy on ultrasound, normal hcg

I'm also stalking for updates. I'm glad you're waiting!

Praying hard for you!

I have a retroverted (tilted) uterus and the tech really struggled to find baby at 5wks which you say you could be. Especially if they only tried the 'normal' way! Pleased you decided to wait it out and see what happens. Will be stalking :flower:

So I got ahold of the nurse to ask what other blood work the dr. Ordered. So she said it was the cvc chem panel? I think to measure the blood platelets. Lol they are still convinced it might be etopic. I feel great, except I'm tired. But no pain, cramps, spotting or any warning symptoms. I think they just didn't see it.

Another thing I thought was interesting is when I went in to do my first ultrasound they instructed me to empty my bladder.... They said they get a better picture that way. I understood from 11 years ago with my first pregnancy they want a full bladder to help push everything into a smaller place so it's esier to find... Perhaps I wont pee this time and tell them I don't need to go.

Internal scans need empty bladders.

External/stomach scans need full bladders.

I've had a lot of both!

Hopefully just too small to see! Could what you think is implantation be ov maybe?

I think it's full bladder for a normal scan and empty for internal, from my experience anyways :)

Fx for Monday!!

What happens if I have a full bladder? I remember last year when they were doing anatomy scans to try to figure out what my issues were and they instructed me to have a bursting bladder. It was an internal scan and not pregnant, just an anatomy scan

I don't know. I don't think anything "happens". My RE just always wanted an empty bladder for internal for a clearer view.

Yh I think it just obstructs things maybe??

When I had a scan at 5wks they did normal first then told me to empty my bladder, but I had not long pee'd and they still said it was quite full and I needed to pee again so they'd get a good view.

With a full bladder you are more likely to have an accident when they use the TV probe!

When it comes to the empty bladder thing I honestly think it just depends on the practice. 7 years ago with my first ectopic they wanted a full bladder. My second ectilopic and this pregnancy they've wanted an empty bladder each time, regardless if it was an internal or normal scan.

If you're only five weeks my goodness don't do anything drastic. Drs like to go by LMP and not ovularion, which I find ridiculous.

As far as ectopics go, I've had two. My first I blead from the start and didn't stop until I had surgery to remove it fromy tube. My second I blead at 6 weeks for 5 days and drs thought I was miscarrying. Regardless of multiple scans with each one, neither we're caught right away. My first was caught at 9 weeks and my second at 8 weeks. And my second they were specifically looking for an ectopic. I felt no pain or inkling something could be wrong except for the bleeding.

Thank you mod19 I will take him seriously. When you had your ectopics, did you have normal doubling of hcg? I have had no spotting at all and I'm on a baby aspirin every day

With my first one they did not double like they should have, but with the second they did up until 6 weeks. I think it's just one of those things that varys from pregnancy to pregnancy.

I would also wait as you could have ovulated later than you thought. So if you are actually in your 5th week, it's not that uncommon to see nothing. Out of five babies with scans done at 5 weeks, we've only seen signs of pregnancy with one. :hugs:

Speaking of ectopics, I know a few people who have had them and each time it's taken a while to find them with several scans. One was 15weeks, although I think that was the doctors being arseholes more than anything!

Nope! She was very poorly and had very heavy bleeding but they still had to remove baby :( don't know the out come in terms of what tube was left as she's an old work colleagues wife, but I know they finally sorted her at 15wks!

I had my blood draw early and now I'm waiting for my scan. They wanted me to come back this afternoon for the scan so they could have the blood work I hand so they could give me a shot. They are so convinced it's ectopic. I'm just worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->