6 wks- no detected pregnancy on ultrasound, normal hcg

Don't let them do anything before a scan. And make sure you ask them exacy where the ectopic is (if that's the case) on the screen. If they want to give you the shot to get rid of it you can't try again for 6 months until the chemical is completely out of your system. Just a heads up

agree with mod and all the pps! don't let the docs force you into anything! 6 weeks is still very early and sometimes equipment fails or your uterus is tilted and the baby implanted somewhere hidden or a few days later.

i really don't like the docs that are this pushy on patients and insisting on some sort of medical management. i mean, also WAITING AND SEEING how it goes is also A DECISION.

So still could not find where the pregnancy is. We told him we will not do medical Manegment unless they can prove my life is in danger. I would prefer to go into surgery rather then possibly loosing a healthy pregnancy. I know I'm crazy but oh well. So my dr thinks it might be a pregnancy that terminated before 4 weeks. He said if it was in the tubes my uterus would not be so thick. I think he said 16 but I really was not paying attention.he looked hard everywhere and could not see anything. My hcg number will be back in a few hours. He said if lower then normal (normal would be 9,000-10,000) then we do nothing and let nature take its course. It will terminate on its own. If numbers come back normal-high then he wants a biopsy of my uterius to prove there are cells of a placenta to prove there was a pregnancy but no baby. And again allow nature to take its course. But he said there is no chance of a pregnancy continuing.....

Bee lady, first I'm so sorry all of this is happening to you. It's miserable! Secondly, if I were in your situation, I don't think I'd let him stick anything in me just yet. I do not feel like you are crazy. I think you're an intelligent woman who is listening to her body and instincts, whether he be right or wrong at least you won't have any regrets with your decision.

I'm so sorry hun. If you're going to let nature take it's course either way, why does he want to biopsy it? Obviously your numbers are high enough that they recognized a pregnancy. I would have them rescan in a week or two just to be sure it isn't ectopic. Like I said, mine wasn't caught till 8 weeks and they were looking. My uterus was also thicker the second time around, my Dr explained it like this: you're body thinks its pregnant (which it is) but there's no baby in the uterus, so it sheds itself. Which is why they thought I was having a miscarriage. Although imo the surgery is still better than the shot since you can continue TTC, even if you are down a tube.

I hope your body take care if this naturally and quickly and you can continue ttc.

Just got off phone with Dr. Hcg has only risen to 6,300, doubled only in 6 days. So I will loose this pregnancy. He asked if I wanted medical treatment and I said no. He just wants to moniter my progress. He thinks at this point it is the best thing to do. He wants to do some tests to try to find out why I'm loosing the pregnancies. I don't want to do a d&c (he said I would have to be put under? Ok but that is the outcome. I'm waiting.

I'm so sorry bee! I would agree with some tests to see why you're loosing them.

Hugs. :'(

I hope they can figure out why you're losing them and get things on track to carry to full term.

*hugs*

so sorry for the bad news. i understand if you wanna wait and let nature take its course. i had a d&c and was put down, waking up from it realizing my baby wasn't there anymore was the worst thing ever (i needed an emergency intervention though and didn't have a choice of waiting).

i hope that you'll get some answers from the tests, miscarriages are heartbreaking and if anything can be done to prevent them and understand their cause to avoid more heartache, it should be done. :hugs: my prayers go to you and your family <3

Oh bee I'm so so sorry for this sad news and time you are dealing with, it's truly heartbreaking. As the others have said tests are the best thing to find out why this keeps happening and to hopefully prevent it happening again. My love and hugs to you and your family xxx

not at all the news we were all hoping for. I'm so sorry. Are you planning on letting him do the tests to figure out why you have miscarried? How are you feeling about it all?

Hugs!

Sorry to hear this, the tests can only be a good thing?

Sending lots of hugs x

Just to give anyone an update who is interested. Turns out it was ectopic. I went in on Tuesday morning with sever sudden pain knowing immedeatly what was going on. The dr.s were operating with in the hour of getting to the hospital. Turns out the pregnancy was in the right tube and somehow the tube and ovary flipped up above the uterus. So pain was front center and at belly button. Not anywhere what I was expecting but I knew the pregnancy was high and not where it was supposed to be. I truly was hoping it was in my belly but not in my tube. I might have tried to carry the pregnancy to term. I'm recovering at home now and now researching when we can try again. I have my next dr appointment on Monday and will be asking questions then too. Thank you everyone for kind thoughts and words. Btw we made it 8.5 weeks :( before going to operating room we saw the heart beat for the first time. It is a very sad time for us.

Just to give anyone an update who is interested. Turns out it was ectopic. I went in on Tuesday morning with sever sudden pain knowing immedeatly what was going on. The dr.s were operating with in the hour of getting to the hospital. Turns out the pregnancy was in the right tube and somehow the tube and ovary flipped up above the uterus. So pain was front center and at belly button. Not anywhere what I was expecting but I knew the pregnancy was high and not where it was supposed to be. I truly was hoping it was in my belly but not in my tube. I might have tried to carry the pregnancy to term. I'm recovering at home now and now researching when we can try again. I have my next dr appointment on Monday and will be asking questions then too. Thank you everyone for kind thoughts and words. Btw we made it 8.5 weeks :( before going to operating room we saw the heart beat for the first time. It is a very sad time for us.

Oh hun, I'm so very sad to read your update. But I'm glad you're physically going to be ok. Just know that a lot of ladies have at some point had an ectopic pregnancy and you unfortunately won't be the last. Massive hugs to you and your hubby. You guys will get through this and I know you will go onto having a happy and healthy pregnancy when you're ready. :hugs:

I'm so sorry to read your update! I think that knowing they had to take a living baby by surgery really makes it worse than to just miscarry. Not that I'm trying to downplay miscarriages or anything, but when I thought I was miscarrying, yes it was devastating, but I knew I could go on right away. With having to have surgery it made it seem more real. Knowing I went into surgery pregnant and came out not pregnant was terrible. The first thing you do when you wake up is cry because you know what just took place. My heart goes out to you.

My Dr told us to wait two months to let my body heal, but said she wouldn't tell us to not try. I think she was giving us two months before putting me on clomid. Plus, she wanted to ensure I'd still be ovulating with only one tube. So I think as soon as you feel up to it, physically and emotionally, you can try right away.

Very sad news hun, there's not more I can say that's the others haven't already. Just know that we're hear for you should you need to talk xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->