***(61) 2015 November Sparklers***

I don't have a midwife figured out yet. I have one I'd like to use, she has her own birth center, and she's an ND as well so my insurance will cover her. Otherwise the only thing they will cover is nurse-midwives (only do hospitals) and Ob's, not certified professional midwives. I'd like a birth center birth instead of a hospital, but there are only two in the state, one really near me but they only have cpm's and insurance won't cover it at all. The ND midwife I want is great but her center is an hour and a 15 mins away so I'm not sure if that would be feasible for all those appointments and getting there during labor. I emailed her office a bunch of questions to see if she is really an option for us but haven't heard back yet. I hate insurance!!! Anyone have their doctor/midwife that far away? How do you like it? For our next kids we may do a home birth but we thought for the first we'd feel a little more secure at a birth center.

As far as scans go, I'm kind of wary of how safe they really are (each to their own though!) so I'm hoping to only have one scan done during the pregnancy just to make sure everything is normal. I don't know much about the prenatal care schedule but whenever that scan is I'll post pics. I don't have any appointments scheduled yet except this week my primary care doc (also an ND) said she could give me a referral to the lab to get hcg levels taken, just for my own curiosity. :)

At 12 weeks I will be transferred to a clinic 45 min from my house, in good traffic. I will have to go biweekly for the 2nd trimester and it will also be the hospital I deliver at. My last midwife had an office 30 minutes from my house as well. It's kind of a pain but worth it to get the care that you want.

1) When is your due date? - 17th November

2) Whats your name? - Stacey

3) Where are you located? - South Australia

4) Occupation? - Typist/ admin

5) Any kids (besides this one)/planning on more? - This is my first, and I would like 2-3

6) How long TTC? - We got pregnant first cycle, I really hope baby sticks [-o<

7) Any other fun info you want us to know? - I am obsessed with cats LOL. We just got back from Japan and I bought a tonne of cat stuff (they're obsessed with cats too haha) plus I bought heaps of cute baby stuff over there. I can't help myself!!

Unfortunately there aren't many options where I live, and it looks like I'll be doing GP shared care during the pregnancy - seeing an obstetrics trained doctor alternating with a midwife at the hospital where I'll give birth. I would prefer a home birth however they cost $5k here, however there is a little hospital nearby which has a new birthing centre, they are very hands off and pro active labour. My sister had a baby there at the end of last year and was very happy.

Also I will be seeing my doctor in a week to see about making my first appt with the obstetrics doctor, however I don't think I'll be having my first pregnancy appt til week 10 or so.

omg so many comments lol!! heloo everyone aley28 i am with u on so much there i only have the one boy and hes my youngest and im preying for a girl as my last boys are hard work so hats off to you for the two you have lol and any mum who has morre then one lol!!

afm i have my midwife apptment booked for the 10th april and then she will arange the scan it can go one of two ways my first and second i had to wait for the apptment to come through the post but my 3rd she sorted it while i was there so we will see lol xx

I have already had my midwife app and have a viability scan and consulant appointment on the 23rd March. I can't wait to have the scan and make sure all is well. Have plenty of symptoms so that reassures a bit.

1) When is your due date? - based on LMP Nov 16 - think it may be pushed back a bit at scan though as I often ovulate late.

2) Whats your name? - Fran :flower:

3) Where are you located? - lovely West Yorkshire, UK

4) Occupation? - I work for a debt charity - stepped down from a management role to go part-time after my first maternity leave

5) Any kids (besides this one)/planning on more? - I have Henry, who's 2.5 :thumbup:

6) How long TTC? - sort of 15 months - hubby's meds interfere with it quite a bit though

7) Any other fun info you want us to know? - I'll be 37 in one week, hubby is 39. We've been married 4.5 years, together for 8.5. I'm excited to see all the Canadians as I'm mildly obsessed with Canada - we got married in Niagara Falls :happydance:

I went in to be induced with H at 12 days overdue, and 4 days later he still wasn't budging so I had an emergency csection. Hoping for a VBAC this time!! I breastfed for 15 months and am hoping to go longer this time. And I'm another cloth nappy fan, though I mix with disposables whenever it suits me! Definitely hoping to get H potty trained before this one arrives - any tips welcome!

Fran we have a lot in common. We have the same due date, I have a 2.5 year old, my hubby's meds interfered with our ttc journey too, almost same age (I'm 36), I bf my son for 17 months and he self weaned. Was gutted cos I was completely not ready! :haha:
We're currently potty training at the mo. We've made a star chart and every time he wees/poos we colour in a star :) I don't think he quite understands it but he's doing quite well. Although he does seem to hold his wee for a very long time so we're not sure he's quite ready at the mo :thumbup:

i'll be a vbac mummy all being well so have to try and sort out which hospitals i can go to :/ ringing the medcentre in a little bit to get an early apt with mw to discuss my options for hospitals, i really want to go out of trust and over the border to Darlington, but we'll see

Ha Embo I was thinking the same thing! Spooky... Henry self-weaned too, I was devastated (and I actually found I got depressed, I'm guessing due to the hormones). I can't wait to BF again!

Me too :) Max was a proper booby monster too so I thought he'd feed for much longer than he did. I think that's why I was so down when he stopped. I am happy that he completely 100% self weaned though. I didn't have to do anything to encourage the weaning (more's the pity!!) :haha:

I am so glad there are so many of us! :D Its gonna be a busy thread, for sure. I am excited to see scan pics ladies, when are we all booked in for our first ones? I have mine booked on 24th, 8 days from now! Its at 8.10pm lol but I will be posting my pics here for you all to see. I'll be 7w4d or thereabouts at the scan :)

Edit: Thats UK time btw!

My first appointment, for bloods, giving an EDD, etc, is March 23rd. I'm imagining that I'll be scheduling a scan for the end of April sometime - probably around 11 or 12 weeks... seems AGES away!

Nobody locally offers private scans though :cry: Or I'd have booked one for 8 weeks!:haha:

That's the date of my first appointment Aley! It can't come quick enough :)! I'm hoping to get a dating scan pretty soon after that! X

1) When is your due date? - Going off my dates I am due november 16th!

2) Whats your name? - My name is Catherine and I am 37 years old.

3) Where are you located? - I live in Hyde, Greater Manchester, UK

4) Occupation? - Full time stay at home mum

5) Any kids (besides this one)/planning on more? - I have 6 children already, 4 boys and 2 girls. We are not planning on any more after this one.

6) How long TTC? - We were not TTC, a pleasant suprise :)

7) Any other fun info you want us to know? - We had decided when I was pregnant with my last baby that it would be the last baby I had and my husband was scheduled for the snip in feb 2014. We cancelled the appointment as I couldn't quite get my head around it at that time and my hormones will still rife after giving birth. I was just coming to terms with the idea of booking another appointment and wham-pregnant!!
Will be booking him in for the snip before this baby is due as I definitely do not want baby number 8!

I have was induced with baby number 1 at 42 weeks- 10lb 15oz

I had a spontaneous delivery with number 2 at 40 weeks - 8lb 7oz

Baby number 3 took 6 years to conceive and I was diagnosed with pre eclampsia at 37 weeks. Delivered by emergency section at 38 weeks - 4lb 11oz.

Baby number 4 fell pregnant straight away three monthas after having baby number 3! Spontaneous delivery Vbac at 40 weeks 8lb 10oz

MMC :(

Fell pregnant straight away after MMC with baby number 5. Developed GD. Was induced at 39 weeks and had very quick, normal delivery-7lb 15oz on christmas eve :)

By now, you guessed it, fell pregnant straight again. Developed GD once again. Induced at 39 weeks due to lack of fetal movements and ended up with a section. 8lb 2oz.

Hello ladies wow I went to bed last night and there were only 2 pages on this thread now 6 this is gonna be fun lol

I had an early booking with the midwife last Thursday my youngest had slapped cheek so Dr recommended I book in early I have my pre natal bloods Friday to check that I'm immune if I am there not to concerned but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't playing on my mind if I'm not immune I'll have to be monitored throughout so fingers crossed my little squishy' ok I'm there hoping to get my first scan appointment this week I can't wait I love scans they just make it so much more real lol

ive just booked an early bird mw apt for tomorrow, My oh is in army and i want things to be sorted for my preferred hospital before he goes away

I am so glad there are so many of us! :D Its gonna be a busy thread, for sure. I am excited to see scan pics ladies, when are we all booked in for our first ones? I have mine booked on 24th, 8 days from now! Its at 8.10pm lol but I will be posting my pics here for you all to see. I'll be 7w4d or thereabouts at the scan :)

Edit: Thats UK time btw!

Lozzie I have my first scan on the 24th too!! I'll be 6+5 ish days.. they wanted to see me this week, but my doc is away for March Break...I had a very rare miscarriage about 1.5 years ago where the baby implanted on my c-section scar... so they need to check where baby has implanted, if it's on my scar again I will have to terminate... my doc has said that he doesn't expect lightning to strike me twice... since it was 1 in a few million chance the last time.... so we're anxious for next tuesday!! we can wait together!!

1) When is your due date? - November 6th

2) Whats your name? - Twag

3) Where are you located? - Hampshire, UK

4) Occupation? - Accountant

5) Any kids (besides this one)/planning on more? - 1 DS, this is our last!

6) How long TTC? - took 2 cycles but 1:sex: the cycle of :bfp: DH thinks he has super sperm :haha:

7) Any other fun info you want us to know? - Married for 5 years this October, been together 9. DH is 36 and I am 34 we will both turn a year older in April and only 10 days apart :thumbup:.

Great thread :thumbup:

And as for me, I too will be high risk... have a scheduled c-section no later than 37 weeks, maybe as early as 35 weeks. I've been told at any point if I have a contraction that's it...no matter how far along I am... good news is I've never had any pre-term labour, was induced at 39 weeks with my first, and scheduled c-section with my second. I wasn't allowed to try a VBAC, I have a fibroid very close to my cervix, that does not let me dialte...

SweetV where in Ontario are you? I'm in Ottawa :) I'm not sure I"ll be seen as often as, you.. .they'll be using me as a case study which will be lots of ultrasounds... nothing new for me... lol which I love lots of chances to see baby :) and we will find out the sex and then lots of chances to double check!!

So excited for all of the scans coming up!! this looks likes it's going to be an awesome thread!!

Kim

I have my 1st midwife appointment booked in for 31st March and I have sent off my request for my 12 week scan also so awaiting the date to come through but looks like it will be around the 24th April!

Seems so far away :wacko:

Got my first midwife appointment booked in for 30th March :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->