I needed an epidural because Vinnie was back to back and when i got to 6cm he starting turning and my body went into full blown pushing mode and i couldnt stop pushing with every contraction and the consultant told me if i didnt stop pushing i would cause my cervix to swell so effectively causing my labour to go backwards and said the only way to stop me pushing was an epidural so i couldnt feel the urges to push!
We all know ladies when your body wants to push, you push so i had my epidural for a medical reason and to avoid possibly needing a section.

Lol funny how people get offended while I didn't even say anything rude.

Lol@ trying to prove a point etc.
I never said women that use pain relief can't be proud ??
I just said I was proud of myself, can't I say that without stepping on peoples toes that have used pain relief?
My baby was actually "stuck" too as she was in the birth canal the wrong way, she had to turn and that's why my labor took so long (32 hours).
Does this have to be a contest on who had the most pain etc? I can't just write That I'm proud of myself for having a natural birth ?
That's kinda sad

of course not it just came across quite arrogant and you said "all women can do it" referring to naturally. Not all women can so this isnt true.

Lily12 I have to agree with Nessicle, I must admit that I was a little offended at your post, I know you can't see how and of course you should be very proud of yourself of what you accomplished, as we all should whether we've had pain relief during labour or not. It was the bit about 'all women can do it naturally, they just have to believe they can do it' - no woman experiences the same amount of pain during labour, some go through labours where they swear it was no worse than heavy period pain and didn't even know they were having contractions, so of course some can go without pain relief much easier than others. It's too subjective an issue to generalise. Well done on your birth experience though, of course you deserve to feel proud of yourself! xx

I needed an epidural because Vinnie was back to back and when i got to 6cm he starting turning and my body went into full blown pushing mode and i couldnt stop pushing with every contraction and the consultant told me if i didnt stop pushing i would cause my cervix to swell so effectively causing my labour to go backwards and said the only way to stop me pushing was an epidural so i couldnt feel the urges to push!
We all know ladies when your body wants to push, you push so i had my epidural for a medical reason and to avoid possibly needing a section.

same thing happened to me..absolute agony!!! xxxx

For what it's worth your baby could have been born through your nose, we all created, nourished and had our babies enter the world, we all did the same job no matter how your baby was 'actually born'. Walk a mile in someones else's shoes before telling them they could have done it 'naturally' (whatever naturally is!)

I wanted a natural birth and for me that meant having LO at home and without any drugs.

But at the end of the day i could not get past 6cm with a back to back birth without pain relief.

Why would anyone take the piss out of someone wanting it. SOME woman do manage it!

Everyone has a different pain level, no matter of you had every drug going or nothing at all we all did an amazing job! If we was induced, elective section or waiting for that hormone tip! We all should be proud no matter what, we did the most amazing and natural thing ever!

I'd like to think G&A is natural as it's none invasive IMO but it is still pain relief of some sort.

I had all pain relief going after being induced. I would take paracetamol if I had a head ache so why not during child birth? Also... I consider a water birth to be pain relief too....people use a birthing pool because it eases pain!

I wish I could of had a natural birth, like most mummies do, but it had to be assisted, doesn't make me any less proud of myself.
I agree that a womans body is made for labour but I dont agree that everyone can have a natural birth, different pain thresh-holds, different kinds of labour.
Everyone should be proud, no matter how their baby was brought into this world whether it was with a drugged up mother (hospital drugs btw) or a c-section, at the end of the day, a baby is a miracle, no matter how its born. :flower:

I wasnt trying to imply that anyone who has pain relief has 'failed' :(
I begged for pain relief but it was just too late.
I think everyone who has delivered, however it was has done an amazing job of bringing their baby in to the world :)
If she had to be shoehorned out I wouldn't care as long as it was safe!

I was an absolute BF failure. I felt very pressurised by midwives who made me feel totally inadequate. I tried my best (at the time) but it wasn't enough. My LO lost a lot of weight and was really struggling to feed as she was so confused between bottle, nipple and sippy cup. I also had flat nips so felt a bit disadvantaged from the off!
I wish in a way id just FF from the start because I spent the first two weeks sore, in constant tears and feeling like I'd failed my baby :( I wasted so many hours trying to pump to no avail when I could've been enjoying my daughter.

I think there is simply not enough support for mums in hospital. One midwife said 'if you can't feed her we'll have to take her and do it for you'
That really stayed with me, the cow!xx

we know you werent trying to imply that hun :flower:

I'm formula feeding from the word go with the next baby, I dont even want to entertain the idea right now, it caused so much upset and tears for both me and Ava she hated being near my nipple with a passion she screamed the house down - probably because she knew she wouldnt get anything lol xx

With my son I had a medicated birth because I had gas and air and pethidine. With my daughter I had a natural birth with no pain relief.

I do admire women who do it with absolutely nothing but also I wonder why they dont want any pain relief. Higher pain threshold? Trying to prove a point? Being a martyr? Not wanting to "drug up" their baby (most medications dont affect the baby anyway)......

For me, it's two things. Firstly to avoid any medications reaching the baby (my son was pethidine duped which caused big problems for the first two weeks) and secondly because the high after a natural birth is amazing.

i had pethidine with my son and gas and air, i had a huge argument with the mws when my son was born and they wanted the hose back :haha: told them where to go lol. i then had an epidural as i had to go to surgery, this didnt work quick enough so i was knocked out. i think that covers must of the drugs if not all that u can get while in labour :haha:

with nicole i didnt need anything or so i thought. it was too late when the pain kicked in and all they could give me was gas and air which didnt help at all so i threw the hose at the mw.

i think i have an issue with the gas and air hose, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

With my son I had a medicated birth because I had gas and air and pethidine. With my daughter I had a natural birth with no pain relief.

I do admire women who do it with absolutely nothing but also I wonder why they dont want any pain relief. Higher pain threshold? Trying to prove a point? Being a martyr? Not wanting to "drug up" their baby (most medications dont affect the baby anyway)......

For me, it's two things. Firstly to avoid any medications reaching the baby (my son was pethidine duped which caused big problems for the first two weeks) and secondly because the high after a natural birth is amazing.

Thanks for that lol makes me feel even worse about my delivery....I didnt have a choice unfortunatley.....I got no high, I got PND, a very painful recovery, couldnt push the pram or get myself dressed properly for weeks...

With my first I had what I would think as a 'natural birth' I had no pain relief nor gas and air but that was due to hospital negilence they left me to it and didnt answer my buzzer..they also let me tear and it was a 3rd degree (I did have a epi after when I was in surgery for my stitches but I dont consider that as it was after) and I lost 5 units of blood my baby was 9lb 7oz, believe me if Id of had a choice I would of took ANYTHING lol

With my second I had diamorphine early on and cained the gas and air by the time it got to pushing the diamorphine had worn off but I was still caining the gas and air LOVED IT! lol..Also had to be cut and had stitches this time I dont consider it a natural one but I dont care..I couldnt cope with the pain and the fact I had such a horrendous time the first time was making me panic I need to calm down and the drugs had this effect.

Regardless of how our babies come into this world we all go through the pain during labour as well as the pain after..Me personally im proud of myself and each and every mummy because we are all AMAZING..and lets face it if men had to do it no one would have any kids! :flower:

I think that "every woman" has the ability to have a natural birth is just not true; why was it that so many women died in childbirth? It was one of the most dangerous things you could do, I've studied midwifery in 18th century Britain and mortality rates were through the roof. We should be grateful that intervention exists it has saved countless women and their babies.

In regards to the OP, I posted about this over on the Home and Natural Birthing forum and the ladies there were in agreement that entonox counts as natural. But whatever, all women should be proud, however their babies came into the world!

my sister had twins and had NO PAIN RELIEF and was as natural as can be, she had a few mws there.

i am proud of anyone who has babies no matter what way they went about

Each to their own though :) for me I didnt see the point in being in pain if I didnt need to be. I would've ended up with a section either way as she was too big for me, even the midwives commented theres no way I'd have been able to birth her naturally unfortunatley :( xx

Honestly, for me (and a lot of other people) being immobilised by an epidural or being on medication that make feel like you're not quite with it, is far more scary than feeling the pain. I stood up, leaned against OH and breathed through my contractions which made them manageable.
When something is as important as bringing a baby into the world, do you honestly think that people would choose to be martryr or to prove a point? I'm not having a go at you, honestly I am not, because I hear a lot of women saying this, but it really find it very ill informed when people suggest those kind of reasons for a natural birth.

Thanks for that lol makes me feel even worse about my delivery....I didnt have a choice unfortunatley.....I got no high, I got PND, a very painful recovery, couldnt push the pram or get myself dressed properly for weeks...

You did ask...

Each to their own though :) for me I didnt see the point in being in pain if I didnt need to be. I would've ended up with a section either way as she was too big for me, even the midwives commented theres no way I'd have been able to birth her naturally unfortunatley :( xx

Honestly, for me (and a lot of other people) being immobilised by an epidural or being on medication that make feel like you're not quite with it, is far more scary than feeling the pain. I stood up, leaned against OH and breathed through my contractions which made them manageable.
When something is as important as bringing a baby into the world, do you honestly think that people would choose to be martryr or to prove a point? I'm not having a go at you, honestly I am not, because I hear a lot of women saying this, but it really find it very ill informed when people suggest those kind of reasons for a natural birth.

lol :flower:

I dont know I suppose because of all the health issues I've had in the past I've always been full of drugs lol so I'm pretty blase towards medication, just my opinion of course, but I've never been able to understand why if you're in pain you dont want to take anything to help?? Thats a genuine question btw not saying that to piss anyone off of course as I said anyone that can do it without pain relief just amazes me lol either that or they have a massive vaj lol :rofl:

I've met a lot of women who just point blank refused because "we were made to do it" and they've gone on and on and on about how much pain they were in and how they had pain after etc etc I have to stop myself from shouting "HAVE SOME EFFING PAIN RELIEF NEXT TIME THEN" lol :winkwink:

In my experience the women who have made comments like that are the ones that had a lovely, floaty, natural, happy happy, smiley smiley, pass me a bucket to puke in, experience lol (yes I am very bitter :rofl:)

That syntocinon is a bitch though show me a woman who doesnt demand every drug going when on that and I'll eat my knickers :hha: xx

You did ask...

it was rhetorical :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->