--

It sounds right.

My OH earns less then £29,000 and we dont get WTC.

Surely with such a big leap in income you dont need the WTC anyway?

Sounds right to me to. We get CTC of £10 a week and CB... thats it. Im sure anything over 24k or there abouts changes what you get.

Ive informed OH that if hes going to go over it he could at least go over it by a decent chunk :haha:

Though cant complain £10 a week buys River some toys/clothes

yeah it sounds right... my hubby got a payrise to less than than & we dont get them anymore.

Kinda annoying though coz they've upped his student loan payments so even though he's earning more before tax we're worse off because of it :dohh:

Yeah I think you are only entitled to wtc on an income of around £17,500.

We aren't entitled to wtc either and we don't jointly earn what your OH does.

Youve had an income rise of £22,000 and your upset because your not getting benefits?

You can get child tax credit though.. Im not sure if u knew that or not.. To previous poster.. She might hav an increase by 22000 but most of that will go in tax and national insurance!

You can get child tax credit though.. Im not sure if u knew that or not.. To previous poster.. She might hav an increase by 22000 but most of that will go in tax and national insurance!

ummmmmm, no it doesn't!! Probably a quarter. £27k is about £1600 a month I think after tax and ni deductions (bit less if you have student loan and pension too)

Should still get CTC of £10 a week though. WTC for a couple stops after £17000 and something :)

My oh earns abt 32k and b4 tax etc should get abt 2600.. He takes home 1900.. 1/3 has gon in tax and NI.. Okay so its not most but its £700 we could use ..people on lower incomes might say oh ur earnin mor than us so wat u talkin about.. Its the principle really if ur earnin more chances are ur job is more demanding and you hold more responsibilty and accountibility.. People should stop sayin stuff like u earn x amount and u dont deserve any wtc or ctc.. Our los are jus as important as urs and if the state helps us then so be it.. Stop bickerin over something the government controls and nt individuals!

:wacko:

WTC is to make sure people on a low income have enough to have the minimum living standard necessary in this country.....if they gave it to everyone regardless of income it would just make the better off even better off.

Not really the point is it??

My oh earns abt 32k and b4 tax etc should get abt 2600.. He takes home 1900.. 1/3 has gon in tax and NI.. Okay so its not most but its £700 we could use ..people on lower incomes might say oh ur earnin mor than us so wat u talkin about.. Its the principle really if ur earnin more chances are ur job is more demanding and you hold more responsibilty and accountibility.. People should stop sayin stuff like u earn x amount and u dont deserve any wtc or ctc.. Our los are jus as important as urs and if the state helps us then so be it.. Stop bickerin over something the government controls and nt individuals!

Lol, what? Who was bickering?

WTC is a benefit for people who need it.

Am i wrong?

sorry hun, no your not entitled, we was self employed and was earning a lot less then, around £14,000 maybe less and we wasn't entitled to it, not really sure why.

But my other half was basically laid off and there wasn't enough work, so we are now on all benefits :(

Im nt sayin every1 should get wtc .. Because like you said its for people on low incomes.. Which the government has decided..

Im sayin people should quit sayin to people what you complainin abt? You hav had an increase in pay.. Like the first couple of posters said... How do u kno her circumstamces.. She says she could do with the wtc.. Jus leave it at that.. And mayb sympathise eso in the current climate every little helps.. 29000 salary is hardly rollin in it is it considerin the ever rising cost of produce...

Im sure everyone could do with a bit of extra money though doesnt mean we should get it

Before tax I earn £1950 a month. After tax I bring home about £1300 a month. I have to pay tax, NI, pension and student loan. I don't moan about it though. I could do with that £650 a month too. I am even repaying an underpayment of tax this year which is making me £50 a month down because the tax office fucked up my PAYE when I had 2 jobs at uni, 5 YEARS AGO!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->