--

My oh earns abt 32k and b4 tax etc should get abt 2600.. He takes home 1900.. 1/3 has gon in tax and NI.. Okay so its not most but its £700 we could use ..people on lower incomes might say oh ur earnin mor than us so wat u talkin about.. Its the principle really if ur earnin more chances are ur job is more demanding and you hold more responsibilty and accountibility.. People should stop sayin stuff like u earn x amount and u dont deserve any wtc or ctc.. Our los are jus as important as urs and if the state helps us then so be it.. Stop bickerin over something the government controls and nt individuals!

Umm people decide whether or not to claim benefits they don't just foist it off on people willy nilly ;)

I'm not getting why the money is needed on an income of 29k but then I don't know the whole of the OP's situation. So making it seem like you can't manage on 29k when there are people here that make ends meet on a lot less is going to invite comment :dohh:

I didnt say she should.. I said people need to stop sayin things like wat do u need wtc for uve got enuf.. Stop bein judgemental finkin shes bein greedy n show some support

Who said the OP was being greedy?

Surely it makes sense that you wont get WTC if your earnings go from £7000 to £29000??

My oh earns abt 32k and b4 tax etc should get abt 2600.. He takes home 1900.. 1/3 has gon in tax and NI.. Okay so its not most but its £700 we could use ..people on lower incomes might say oh ur earnin mor than us so wat u talkin about.. Its the principle really if ur earnin more chances are ur job is more demanding and you hold more responsibilty and accountibility.. People should stop sayin stuff like u earn x amount and u dont deserve any wtc or ctc.. Our los are jus as important as urs and if the state helps us then so be it.. Stop bickerin over something the government controls and nt individuals!

Umm people decide whether or not to claim benefits they don't just foist it off on people willy nilly ;)

I'm not getting why the money is needed on an income of 29k but then I don't know the whole of the OP's situation. So making it seem like you can't manage on 29k when there are people here that make ends meet on a lot less is going to invite comment :dohh:

Yes people claim for benefits but ultimately the gov decides if ur going to get it or not.. U dnt jus apply and u get it...

And yes we dont know ops situation.. So we shouldnt judge.. Regardless of whether ur earning 29k or 10k if your just about making ends meet .. Ur both in the same situation.. No need to think that just because your earning more your better off.. Sometimes its not the case.

What by saying ahhhh thats so unfair you should get that money????

No-one earning that money gets WTC, so there is no support to give. By earning £27k a year she gets MORE money than she did when earning £7k topped up with tax credits. she should still be entitled to £10 a week anyway.

Who said the OP was being greedy?

Surely it makes sense that you wont get WTC if your earnings go from £7000 to £29000??

I said people are saying comments like they THINK she is greedy..

Yes it makes perfect sense she shouldnt get it.. But whether she NEEDS it is a different question all together

Yes people claim for benefits but ultimately the gov decides if ur going to get it or not.. U dnt jus apply and u get it...

And yes we dont know ops situation.. So we shouldnt judge.. Regardless of whether ur earning 29k or 10k if your just about making ends meet .. Ur both in the same situation.. No need to think that just because your earning more your better off.. Sometimes its not the case.

Why wouldn't someone bringing in £2k a month (including CB and CT) not be making ends meat though? Unless they have loans and credit cards I would assume. In which case the government shouldn't be bailing these people out should they?

Im pretty sure that WTC wouldnt have upped a £7000 income to anywhere near £29000 so how could they need it when they must have been living on less before?

I wouldn't class one persons income of £29k as low income :shrug:

Im possibly giving up work after this baby is born & living on my husbands £22k....

What by saying ahhhh thats so unfair you should get that money????

No-one earning that money gets WTC, so there is no support to give. By earning £27k a year she gets MORE money than she did when earning £7k topped up with tax credits. she should still be entitled to £10 a week anyway.

There is support to give.. By simply tellin her shes not the only one.. Not sayin things like oh ur earning loads more u dont need it.. Okay so if you think people are right to say that.. Which they are atleast say it with tact instead of soundin like ur jumpin down her throat abt it.. Fair?

Ahhh im on the rampage today so prolly best i dont say anything

We got quite a shock this year when our letter came in - DH is earning £20K but by the time his tax, national insurance and company car payments come off, he only brings home just over £900 a month. We get no WTC and our child tax credits and child benefit has been drastically cut as well, from something like £150 every 4 weeks to £45 ever 4 weeks, and I had just recently handed my notice in to be a SAHM after having Sophie so early. We're finding it quite a struggle just now but we're having to just cut back in every way possible - buying only the essentials and we've started doing our shopping spread over several shops (Aldi, Farmfoods, Asda, Tesco etc) to get the cheapest we possibly can, rather than doing the whole lot in Tesco. Bit more hassle but it certainly makes life easier financially! xx

I'm bowing out someone else other than the OP stamping their feet on a previously civilised thread is going to go downhill fast. :wacko:

And yes we dont know ops situation.. So we shouldnt judge.. Regardless of
whether ur earning 29k or 10k if your just about making ends meet .. Ur both in the same situation.. No need to think that just because your earning more your better off.. Sometimes its not the case.

Why wouldn't someone bringing in £2k a month (including CB and CT) not be making ends meat though? Unless they have loans and credit cards I would assume. In which case the government shouldn't be bailing these people out should they?

I agree with you there.. They shouldnt bail them out for that..

My husband is a Soldier, fighting for this country and gets £19,000 a year, Ends up with just under £1,000 a month!! To see people moaning about not getting Benefits and on 27k a year REALLY grips my S**T!!!

I'm bowing out someone else other than the OP stamping their feet on a previously civilised thread is going to go downhill fast. :wacko:

We just having a healthy conversation.. I dont like pointless debates lol

My husband is a Soldier, fighting for this country and gets £19,000 a year, Ends up with just under £1,000 a month!! To see people moaning about not getting Benefits and on 27k a year REALLY grips my S**T!!!

sorry that has to be the best saying ive heard in a while :haha:

:thumbup:

it was 29K not 27K..

and a big thankyou to everything your husband is doing for us all *hugs*

side note my DH makes $28K a year...but in British pounds thats only 17K. its a real struggle but we manage :) and im quite enjoying living a modest life, its made me appreciate everything so much more.

to the OP....im sorry its come as a shock and that because you planned for it you now may struggle for a while. but im sure if you manage your money carefully you'll pull through ok. and congratulations on your hubbys new job, thats great news :)

Im pretty sure that WTC wouldnt have upped a £7000 income to anywhere near £29000 so how could they need it when they must have been living on less before?

I dont kno.. I dont kno op and her situation.. She might need it.. :shrug: im jus sayin dont be harsh in sayin that she doesnt need it wen u dont kno her situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->