--

You don't know people's circumstances though - my OH and I jointly earn £32k. Our take home pay is a joint £2300.

BUT:
Commuting to London costs: joint £600 per month
Childcare: £700.
Rent: £690.
We spend approx £300 a month on food, we buy basics products and eat practically no meat.
£60 on essential petrol.
£130 a month council tax.
£90 a month gas and elec.
As you can see, we don't even make ends meet!

Now can people see that it's not as simple as saying £x is an income at which you don't need CTC or whatever?

My husband is a Soldier, fighting for this country and gets £19,000 a year, Ends up with just under £1,000 a month!! To see people moaning about not getting Benefits and on 27k a year REALLY grips my S**T!!!

it was 29K not 27K..

and a big thankyou to everything your husband is doing for us all *hugs*

side note my DH makes $28K a year...but in British pounds thats only 17K. its a real struggle but we manage :) and im quite enjoying living a modest life, its made me appreciate everything so much more.

to the OP....im sorry its come as a shock and that because you planned for it you now may struggle for a while. but im sure if you manage your money carefully you'll pull through ok. and congratulations on your hubbys new job, thats great news :)

Kudos to u.. The only one with a half decent reply to op!!

WTC are to ensure people have an income which is above the breadline. OP, as someone else said, WTC would not have taken your income from £7k to anything like £29k last year so you would not be eligible now. There has to be a threshold and cut off point somewhere.

We could all happily use the money ourselves that we pay to NI and tax but I wonder if people actually stop to consider what would happen to the country if nobody paid these?

It's too easy to judge when not in full possession of the facts. Let's keep this civil ladies :flower:

You don't know people's circumstances though - my OH and I jointly earn £32k. Our take home pay is a joint £2300.

BUT:
We spend approx £300 a month on food, we buy basics products and eat practically no meat.
£60 on essential petrol.

Now can people see that it's not as simple as saying £x is an income at which you don't need CTC or whatever?

But if the OP was living off 7k plus benefits last year (which wouldnt of been topped upto 29k) and made it work, why wouldnt she be able to do it with an extra 22k?

BUT:
£60 on essential petrol.

Of course you don't know another person's situation but OP was upset about losing WTC not CTC. You surely cannot complain about not receiving WTC when you are not on a low income (£29k is nowhere near minimum wage) and have had a huge increase in your family income since last year?

BUT:
£60 on essential petrol.

But if the OP was living off 7k plus benefits last year (which wouldnt of been topped upto 29k) and made it work, why wouldnt she be able to do it with an extra 22k?

Fair enough, I guess my comment was more aimed at those making big sweeping statements about certain incomes.

BUT:
£60 on essential petrol.

Very very tough times atm Claire :(. Looking at your breakdown I probably wouldn't bother working to be honest! Saving money on the commute and childcare plus more tax credits! I know that's easy to say but it is silly isn't it when it's better not working and that goes against everything the government stand for..

The whole point is, that some people expect too much.

I have a terminal illness and Can not physically work due to the amount of hospital appointments, risks of being in the work place etc.. my DLA (disability) was stopped, and i have been fighting for that back, for 7 months. I need someone around me 24/7 to help with everyday things, and help with my daughter!! I am entitled to NO benefits what so ever, So for me to see people moaning about this, really annoys me. There are people who really do struggle in this world! And i'm sure there are worse off people than me too!!

We have jsut had our c/w tc cut down by £50 a week, Our income hasnt changed but it has...No idea why.

When i rang they simply said that everyones was being lowered :(

BUT:
£60 on essential petrol.

Very very tough times atm Claire :(. Looking at your breakdown I probably wouldn't bother working to be honest! Saving money on the commute and childcare plus more tax credits! I know that's easy to say but it is silly isn't it when it's better not working and that goes against everything the government stand for..

This what we are looking at - I went to the CAB and they said I'd be better off not working. It comes to something when I can't wait to be on SMP with no childcare or commute!

sorry to crash the thread but how long is it taking for people to get their new figures?

Linzi ive jus got mine..

And lucy.. Yes ctc has been lowered for every1 you now dont get the 'baby element' to it which you only get in your lo's first year anyway x

My husband is a Soldier, fighting for this country and gets £19,000 a year, Ends up with just under £1,000 a month!! To see people moaning about not getting Benefits and on 27k a year REALLY grips my S**T!!!

it was 29K not 27K..

and a big thankyou to everything your husband is doing for us all *hugs*

side note my DH makes $28K a year...but in British pounds thats only 17K. its a real struggle but we manage :) and im quite enjoying living a modest life, its made me appreciate everything so much more.

to the OP....im sorry its come as a shock and that because you planned for it you now may struggle for a while. but im sure if you manage your money carefully you'll pull through ok. and congratulations on your hubbys new job, thats great news :)

Kudos to u.. The only one with a half decent reply to op!!

Not the only one :thumbup:

my OH only ears £11,000 a year and i'm waiting to start college in september weve had no WTC or CTC for the last 6 weeks (waiting for it to come through, massive bodge job on there end cancelling it, annoying!) so we've only had his wages to pay all the things like rent, council tax, water, gas & elec, car payments, sky, petrol, food bla bla bla and weve managed! what i'd do for £29,000k a year!

my OH only ears £11,000 a year and i'm waiting to start college in september weve had no WTC or CTC for the last 6 weeks (waiting for it to come through, massive bodge job on there end cancelling it, annoying!) so we've only had his wages to pay all the things like rent, council tax, water, gas & elec, car payments, sky, petrol, food bla bla bla and weve managed! what i'd do for £29,000k a year!

Throw it in the air and dance in it :laugh2:

I dont understand????

You survived last year on £7000 + any benefits.

This year you dont think you will manage on £29,000???

It just doesnt add up!:flower:

With an income of 29k you shouldn't need the WTC! My husband earns 23-25k and we only get a tenner a week CTC, no WTC, and that is meant to cover 70 a week childcare costs as well. I earn just over 12k a year, but we are entitled to the same amount whether I earn or not.

I don't really see why someone with a household income of 29k needs them, never mind where one partner is earning 29k; HOWEVER, I can see that if you have budgeted for the money being there it would be a wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->