• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

6mo old having seizures..worried daddy

Danno

Reaction score
4 Days ago my daughter starting having seizures when id lay her down.She doesnt seem to do it any other time. She also seems to be smilling a lot less since these seizures happend (which is killing me). I live to see her big goofy toothless smile when i come in the room. Now i just get a blank look, sometimes a slight smile.

no motor skills seem to be effected, and she has hit all her milestones as of now. and will babble on from time to time but she does seem to talk a little less as since the seizures.

I made an appointment to get an eeg test in 2 weeks and a neurology appointment in a month.I really feel this is rediculous and should be having these tests done this week, better yet tomarrow

Sorry for my rant, im just scared out of my mind for my daughter and im taking this very hard. That little girl is my world.

I don't have any experience of a child with seizures, but I did suffer from them myself from when I was about 4 months old. EEGs and MRIs were done but no cause was ever found and I was put on medication to control the seizures, which I stayed on until I was about 3.

I know that some development did stop around the time the seizures began but I did catch up on milestones, and my intelligence and brain function was never affected.

I hope everything works out for your little girl. It must be a very worrying time for you. :flower:

It is scary, my son had seizures and he was taken straight to hospital and did not come out for 8 months. He had all kinds of tests and no cause was determined, except on the EEG, which confirmed his illness, but no cause.

His consultant said to me when a child has a seizure it is like turning the brain off for a few second or minutes while it happens which can effect memory, hence losing skills that thay have just learned. But comes to reason that once seizures are controlled those skills can come back. My son seized for 24 hours a day every day whether you could see them or not all over his brain, hence he reached no milestones and was globally developmentally delayed. But it was like his brain was constantly in war and he never had the chance. What he had was very rare though so I would not think it is that by any means!

I realise my post will likely scare you and I am not meaning to, I am just not wording it very well. Just once they are controlled she will learn again is what I am trying to say, in a long-winded way.

If she has another seizure I would take to hospital personally. It is amazing how many people I see writing that thier child has had a seizure, or phoned people and they are told to leave it and wait for appointments or whatever. My son was taken straight in. The sooner it is dealt with, the less skills she has to lose.

Good luck with it.

UPDATE:

kept harassing doctor to get an EEG sooner and so i was on my way to UVA hospital in just a few days after my original post. We are still waiting on the results and i may just have to start bugging them now to speed this up again. My daughter is still having seizures while she is on her back. they last from just a second to maybe 5 seconds. She is smiling once again and even laughing from time to time. I am at lest seeing flashes of the daughter i became so accustom to, and that gives me great hope moving forword.

Thanks to those that have posted with kind words and sharing thier experiences.

Thanks for updating us. Hope the EEG gives you answers.

Best of luck, and please keep us updated.

:flower:

Have you had any news about the EEG? My little gorgeous guy had an eeg yesterday and the waiting is just awful! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->