7.5 weeks pregnant with brown discharge and cramps

Remmy1991

Reaction score
Hello,

I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and I have been experiencing some dark brown discharge over night and today (not too much), with some stringy consistency. I also have mild cramps and some lower back ache.

I have a scan on Wednesday, hoping everything is ok. Had a scan at 5.5 weeks and all was ok but was too early to see baby.

I have suffered from a chemical miscarriage in the past but this quickly turned into red blood.

Hoping to hear some comments on other experiences, it’s the weekend so I have a doctor appointment on Monday but I assume it will all be discovered in scan.

thank you!

Hi I’m sorry your having this. It’s so scary seeing any kind of bleeding in pregnancy.

it could be absolutely nothing. The cramping and backache could just be your body changing etc.

I’ve had 10 losses in Total.
8 chemicals and 2 miscarriages at 10+4 weeks and 5+1 weeks.
With all but 2 of the chemicals I had bright red bleeding and very heavy and clots and alot of pain and lower backache.
Only 2 of the chemicals it started as spotting (pink) then after a few hours was red and heavy. So I hope that gives you some comfort.
I actually had bleeding (red) in my last pregnancy at 6 weeks and 14+5 weeks. The bleed I had at 14+5 weeks had tiny clots and I had cramping and a heavy feeling like you can sometimes get b4 your period shows.
I was checked out and it turned out to be a small cervical erosion.
Basically a tiny blood vessel that we have inside the cervix but was just slightly on the outside. Was told it’s very common esp in pregnancy. My son is now 19 months old.
I really hope that helps.

if you start bleeding more heavily and it turns red I would definitely call the emergency early pregnancy unit too see if they will scan you. They should do with bleeding red. They scanned me at 6+1 when I had the bleed at 6 weeks.

it the bleeding doesn’t pick up then u can just wait for your scan on Wednesday.
If pain is in one of your sides like around one of the ovaries then I would go to the emergency department at your local hospital as that could indicate a eptopic pregnancy and if left can be very dangerous.

sorry I can’t give more.
But I hope it helps you anyway in some way.
Wishing you all the very best with your scan on Wednesday and the rest of your pregnancy.
Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

Thanks so much I really appreciate it - on my early scan she said all was in womb so ruled out eptopic.

All of your advice helps and I’ll keep positive until I know more & try to relax, there is no point googling for hours like I have been.

x

Thanks so much I really appreciate it - on my early scan she said all was in womb so ruled out eptopic.

All of your advice helps and I’ll keep positive until I know more & try to relax, there is no point googling for hours like I have been.

x

Google is so good but at the same time it really can be the devil.
I’m 43 and been ttc for 14 cycles now.
I’m 14dpo now so just waiting for AF. I’ve fallen 3 times but they all was losses.
I’ve been Googling about women my age having healthy babies naturally and it’s all doom and gloom.
So what I do now is watch videos of women my age or older pregnant or had babies naturally at 43 and over, and then reading the comments underneath them, and so many women my age and older having babies. So that gives me some hope.

But I swear you could type in sore finger on google and it will say your dying lol.
Really hope that spotting stops. Just to put your mind at rest.
❤️

Hope everything went well at your scan and doctors appointment.

I'm glad to read that everything went well with the scan!! I agree with the PP's, it's totally normal most of the time. I had a scare like that with my first around 7-8 weeks as well, saw a little blood and totally freaked out. Hope all is going well now for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->