7 months old- how long does yours stay up during day?

L

Lena

Today was a bit of a weird one. Nate usually naps every 3 hours during the day. Today he napped from 10-11:30 and then was up the rest of the day! I tried to get him down for his usual 2:00 nap and he just wasn't having it. First he was just laughing at me and then he started to get frustrated and whinge and when he started to cry I thought, he's obviously not tired, he never does this and i had been trying to get him to sleep for 40 mins, it usually takes about 10. So i gave him his dinner thinking he was hungry because it was nearly that time and afterwards he was so giggley and happy and smiley. So i thought, I'll just put him to sleep early tonight. Anyways, by 5pm he was finally showing signs he was tired so we gave him his bath and he was fast asleep for 5:30.

He was up 6 hours!!! And not even grumpy (that is more the bizzare part). He's never stayed up that long before.

How long does your 7 month old stay up during the day between naps?? Maybe he'll drop a nap soon. :shrug:

Hi. We are still on 3 naps a day but sometimes Sam will only have 2 naps depending on what we are doing that day. I think the most he could probably stay up before rubbing his eyes and getting touchy is around 4 hours xx

She used to go around 2hrs awake at a time but that's just changed to 3, sometimes 4. She's also dropped from 3 naps to 2 but her first nap is longer than it used to be so she just doesn't have enough hours in the day to fit 3 naps in! :)

My little man generally sleeps 9.30-11am then 1.30-3pm and last nap is between 5-6pm but for about only 30mins. He seems ready to drop his last nap, some days he goes without it, sometimes he's too grizzly to stay up any longer. I'm hoping we can slowly extend his awake time to 3hours, drop that last nap and have him in bed asleep by 6.30/7pm.

Lucy has a nap 2hrs after she wakes up in the morning, this usually lasts about 1.5-2hrs, then she will nap again at about 3ish... again for 1.5-2hrs...

lazy baby :sleep:

3 hours (nap), 3 hours (nap), 4 hours (bed). 6 hours sounds like he got overtired but he wasn't at a 'meltdown' point iykwim???

11:30-2 was probably too early, I would shoot for 2:30-3pm next time and see what happens

izz routine is
7-30 wakes up
8.30 bottle
10 breckfast
10 30 1hr nap
1.30 lunch
2, 1hr nap
bed 6pm

My LO doesnt sleep much at all during the day. She probably has an hour, maybe 1.5 hrs max each day. But goes to bed at 6pm so cant complain.

we are still on the same routine since 3mths, she wakes at 7am and is begging for sleep at 10am.
she gets put down by 10.30am and then does 2 1/2 - 3hrs.
then awake (unless she has a quick ten minutes on the school run home at 3.30pm) until bed at 7pm quite happily..

charlies 6.5 months and he generaly stays awake for 4 hours after waking in the morning, then he has a short nap, then will stay awake for 3 hours, then a second short nap, then awake for 4 hours before bed.

Harry stays awake 2.5-3hours between sleeps generally. he can go longer in the afternoons but I usually still put him down after 3 hours so he doesn't get overtired. His nap routine is:

6/630am wake
9/930ish nap for 30mins-1hour
12/1230ish nap for 30mins-1hour
4/430ish nap for 30mins
630/7pm bedtime

Hazel had always been a bad daytime sleeper but at the mo she only has two naps. One at about 11.00 for about 30-45 mins then she will sleep again anywhere between 2.00-3.00 for maybe 45 mins to an hour, then she will stay awake till bedtime which is 6.30-7.00. xx

Ivy is 6.5 months and she usually has 3 naps a day, 2-4 hours in total each day. But recently we've been dropping the early evening nap so she's been going 5 hours too, I find it better because Ivy always goes into a really deep sleep during the last nap and then is grumpy for the rest of the evening when she wakes up. So now her last nap is usually from about 2-3. Ahh our LOs are growing up!

Our LO is up for 12 hours (her hours are 9 till 9), she has three 20 minute naps throughout the day :D
not forgetting the wake up calls for her bottle at 1am & 5:30am then goes back to sleep through till 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->