7 Months

cheryl

mum of 3 +1 mc
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, Its been awhile my little man is 7 months old now, so sorry I haven't been on I have been soooooo busy, I hope to start coming back on more now.
What foods can I do for my LO at 7 month, I started to wean him at about 4 months because of him being hungry all the time, He has all types of fruit and veg pureed or mashed, can he start having meat or fish? can he have wheat now?
Do I go by him being 7 months old or 6 months because he was a month early?
He loves finger foods like rusks or banana. What else can I give him? If I can do toast do I put abit of butter on or just dry toast?
Sorry I have so many questions LOL.
Luv Cheryl xxx:hug::hug:

katie's nearly 7 months and she has everything now!! well, she wont eat fish, but we try it every now and again! i only give her chicken in terms of meat, but wheat and everything's fine! she's tucking into toast now,with butter on, but sometimes she has other stuff on like bananas and stuff xxxx

toast and butter is fine :) courtney has a little bit of marmite now too :)

Thank you ladies, So if I give chicked do I puree it up with the rest of the veg, How do I do it, Can he have other meat too, can he have pasta now?
Luv Cheryl xxx

He can have pasta yes and rice to. Chicken is easy to do with mashed potato and veg if you mix it with gravy and blend it. You can buy stock cubes for making gravy for babies from boots, they have less salt etc in them.

Toast with butter is fine and as a finger food you could try little ham sandwiches, he'll probably pull them apart and eat them lol but Grace used to enjoy it. Breadsticks are a great finger food to.

With the pasta you can buy really tiny Annabell Karmel ones from boots and they also do pasta sauces to go with them or you could add a carton of sieved tomatoes or pasata from the supermarket.

Hope that helps hun xx

i give katie pasta, just the same as we have it, she'll eat it as a finger food. to save buyin the expensive mini spaghtti, just cook normal spaghetti then cut it up into little pieces.

the chicken, you can puree it, but it goes a bit crumbly sort of, so just put a little bit in with quite a bit of veg. if you can get chicken mince, thats really good tho! i got some from the butchers yesterday, so it was all proper chicken (he minced it there and then) and made a spag bol with it. depends how good LO is with chewing tho.

as for other meats, they can have them, but i'd start with chicken cos its the "mildest" of the meats and has less fat and stuff xx

Hi Cheryl!

I give Hebe pretty much anything we are having so long as it's not too salty or sugary. She eats lots of finger foods like steamed veg in shapes that are each to hold - broccolli florets or batons of root veg and same with fruits. I dont blend anything - I sometimes squash with a fork but I try not to now she's chewing nicely. She's not a massive toast eater but I do occasionally give it with butter. Breadsticks and houmous seem to go down well too. Hebe has had chicken with pasta and tomatoes and I just cut it into bite size pieces so she can chew and swallow as normal.

A long as you dont cook with salt I'd start giving her some of what you are having.

xx

Thank you ladies, I will have to start.
But he has only just got his first 2 teeth popped through the gum, they aren't there fully yet, can he still chew or do I wait til he gets his teeth.
Luv Cheryl xxx

hi hun, like the others ladies have said, as long as it isn't too sugary or salty, anything goes!! He doesn't need teeth to be able to chew - they just gum their way through it!

Thanks Hun, I will try more finger foods for him too now I know, I didn't know i could give him so much, He loves eating finger foods but I was limited to what I gave him but now I know there will be no stopping us LOL. he loves his food so I think he will love having loads more food.
Thanks Again too you all.
Luv Cheryl xxx

katie's a gummy baby and she chews everything!! gets thru cucumber, melon, chicken, the lot!!

Thank you ladies, I gave him some toast and pieces of banana after being on here and he loved it, He loves it eating by himself.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->