7oz bottles at 18 weeks?

pinklizzy

Mummy to two little bears
Reaction score
Tristan is now having 5 bottles a day-first one at 5am and the last one at bedtime (around 6.30-7pm) He has been having 6oz for each bottle for about 8 weeks and I've noticed over the last couple of days that he was draining them completely and crying once he'd finished-poor baby!
Today I've given him 2 bottles of 7oz each and they have disappeared too.
Can I put it down to a growth spurt and stick with 7oz? I don't really want to give him any more than that, it just seems like such a big amount in one go more than anything but obviously I don't want him to be hungry.
Is it true that they should always leave some milk in the bottle? Its been a long time since my daughter was this small and I've forgotten it all!

My LO has recently gone to 7iz but has cut down to 4 bottles, plus a bit of pureed fruit/veg at breakfast and teatime....but i think his bedtime bottle will need changin to 8oz as he drains it too, don't worry about him having 7oz at a time, hes a growing boy :) xx

Dd was having 5 7oz bottles at that age. She pretty much always finished the whole bottle but I never gave her more because she still went the same amount of time between bottles and always seemed happy after the bottle
She stayed on 5 7oz bottles till we weaned at 5.5 months. She now has 4 5oz bottles a day.

Thank you both! He's on the 75th percentile for weight and 90th for length at the moment and everyone we meet comments on how 'huge' he is which makes me a bit paranoid about over-feeding him but he is a hungry little man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->