8 days late, bfn. Is there still hope?

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
So at this point im NTNP and i have been off bc since october. My period came for the months of decemeber and january exactly 28 days apart but this month she's missing. A few days before AF was due I was spotting. It only lasted one day and i haven't had anything snce. Ive been running a temperature of around 99 to 100 degrees and ive been extremely tired and light headed and my nipples are sensitive and my back has been killing me. I've taken 5 hpt the past few days all negative andI also went to the doctors and they performed a urine hcg on me which also came back negative:cry: i was willing to accept that except i have cramps and this full filling in my uterus and ive been reading online about women who didnt get a postive hcg until there periods were like 2 to 3 weeks late. Should i just accept that perhaps af just forgot me this month or is there still hope?

I'm in the same boat as you except I spotted a day or two last week. usually my periods are very heavy. i have had 33 day cycles lately and just for kicks I used an OPK three times this week. First day I did two and got faint lines, next day was darker than the control line, only 5 days after spotting. Doesn't make sense to me. All HPT's negative. I understand you should take hpt's in the morning but i have been taken them around lunch time. i drink a ton of water too so I don't know. Something is off. I don't care to be pregnant or ever have a child but I feel strongly that I am. I don't want to get a blood test yet until I see a bfp. i dont know why maybe because if it comes back negative it will confirm I am crazy. Lol

It sounds like the both of you had an anovulatory cycle. You will, have to get your period if you actually O'd. The spotting really makes me believe neither of you ovulated. I have has plenty of cycles where I didn't ovulate. Sometimes I would get a period, sometimes I would not. When I didn't ovulate my period started with brown, when I do, it's alway bright red.

Of course, some women don't test positive for weeks after. For OP, it seems like your period is coming soon with your symptoms. It also could be delayed because of your fever. Give it a week and if your period hasn't come, test again.

So I've waited almost a week since my last post.still no af just a lot of wet and creamy cm and my cramps have subsided I'll test again on day 14 because my period seems no where in sight. Waiting is killing me but just accepting seems harder because I'm an occasional smoker and know the harm smoking does to baby also I keep having this full feeling and also this popping sensation in my uterus that makes me think something is going on down there. Part of me wants to just take a dollar hot everyday until af shows up or a bfp happens. I'm just worried because if this happens for two cycles straight I'll go postal.

Good luck to me and you both I hope we both nuttin something soon either af or bfp...

welp im officially 15 days late and tested again this morning bfn so I'm just accepting a missed period and mind tricks. Maybe next time it'll work out better.

Hi,

I am in the same boat at you rockstar.. I am 10 days late.. BFN. I am not testing again until next week. I didn't have the spotting though.. the only symptoms I have had is very light cramping and that popping and pulling sensation like you. Have you thought about seeing your doctor??

Hi,

I am in the same boat at you rockstar.. I am 10 days late.. BFN. I am not testing again until next week. I didn't have the spotting though.. the only symptoms I have had is very light cramping and that popping and pulling sensation like you. Have you thought about seeing your doctor??
well i made an appt for the 30th because my next period is due next week and i figure if i have missed to they'll have totell me something or help me figure out what's going on with me. I'm still having the popping sensation and im currently 22 days late. smh its confusing and disappointing. i even took another hpt this morning just for kicks and still bfn...

Hi,

well i made an appt for the 30th because my next period is due next week and i figure if i have missed to they'll have totell me something or help me figure out what's going on with me. I'm still having the popping sensation and im currently 22 days late. smh its confusing and disappointing. i even took another hpt this morning just for kicks and still bfn...

Oh gosh... wow 22days late... there has to be something going on. Definitely think its a good idea for your peace of mind if you see you GP. At least you can stop stressing yourself and find out whether you are pregnant or not. Maybe the Hormone levels aren't strong enough to detect whether you are pregnant. Best option is a blood test. A friend of mine recently did one as she was like 2.5 weeks late and the blood test confirmed, she is now almost 10 weeks.

Well nothing much has changed for me... no cramps, just a little bloated and hungry. I am trying to stay as relaxed as possible.

Talk soon

Yeah by the time my doctor's appt comes around it will have been time af to have visited at least once more and if she doesnt come then i would be a week late on that visit as well so i will request a blood test just to be on the safer side of things. I don't feel pregnant, not really sure what it feels like, but i feel mostly normal. But I am also not trying to symptom check just to make sure I don't start giving myself phantom pregnancy symptoms. I know they your supposed to live like your pregnant until you find out for certain your not but that just seems like the most major of upsets when they confirm it's just a skipped cycle. I will say i've noticed this weird sensation in my uterus it kinda feels like bubbles popping it doesnt hurt nor does it feel like gas so i think I'll mention that as well when i go to the doctor's office. I did some googling and it seems like most of the women I read about having that sensation find out they're pregnant a few days or weeks later so my fingers are crossed for an answer either way i guess. Are you still late or has AF showed her face?

Sounds like you definitely have a positive attitude to the whole thing. The key is to stay relaxed and try not to work yourself up. I really hope the blood test confirms you are pregnant!!! Please keep me in the loop.. I would love to keep chatting about our experiences.

No AF for me. I did two tests last night.. the first one I think was an evap because I didn't have enough pee (sorry TMI) so I went to the toilet about 5 mins later to use that test and there were two lines (one much lighter than the other). So I immediately tested again and it was negative... but I thought I could see a faint line. I have decided to get some more tests over the weekend and see what happens.

I have had those strange sensations as well. Its hard to describe what they are like but I would have to agree with you.. I feel normal. No other symptoms apart from the weird cramping.

Sounds like you definitely have a positive attitude to the whole thing. The key is to stay relaxed and try not to work yourself up. I really hope the blood test confirms you are pregnant!!! Please keep me in the loop.. I would love to keep chatting about our experiences.

No AF for me. I did two tests last night.. the first one I think was an evap because I didn't have enough pee (sorry TMI) so I went to the toilet about 5 mins later to use that test and there were two lines (one much lighter than the other). So I immediately tested again and it was negative... but I thought I could see a faint line. I have decided to get some more tests over the weekend and see what happens.

I have had those strange sensations as well. Its hard to describe what they are like but I would have to agree with you.. I feel normal. No other symptoms apart from the weird cramping.

OMG CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFP...Im so happy for you and i will definitely keep you in the loop. I'm really not expecting a bfp at my doctors visit just hoping to get some answers because its driving me nuts. but i will definitely let you know what she says...

Sadly to say it was short lived... AF is here in full force.. I think it was a false positive. I am in absolute horrendous pain! I cant even concentrate at work. :( :(
I will still visit this post and see how you a travelling. I really hope you get the answers you need and I really hope you get that BFP!!

Sorry to hear about the false positive but at least you did get af to ease your mind. As for me I'm now on cd 57 I have been having some pinkish discharge all day so maybe af is coming but I'm not holding my breathe since it I had that happen earlier in the cycle about two weeks ago with no following af. I can't wait til this doctors appt to hopefully get this thing figured out

Did you ever go to the doctors? I am 5 days late, and have bb pain and cramps. I am never late, always been a 27-29 day girl.. this is late late for me. I did take a test at 2 days late, but it was digital and said negative. Don't know what to do?

I did go to the doctor's when i was originally a week late and they gave me a urine pregnancy test and it was bfn.... Well now i'm currently 29 days late and working into the second missed period so i have another doctor's appt scheduled for the 30th in which i will request some type of answers as to where my period up and disappeared to.

So i took another hpt yesterday evening and yet another bfn, i didn't use first morning urine because i figure at this point im just going through the motions of testing. I rescheduled my doctors appt for earlier since today i am offically at cd60... i hope to get some answers soon

So I had my doctor appt and she gave me a serum hcg no results in yet but she said that my cycle just hasn't regulated from getting off my bc and that if I had no period to come back then so guess I just have to wait around for af to show her face. But she said I'm at no risk for pcos or cysts so I'm feeling much better. Thanks everyone for bearing with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->