8 days late but worth the wait

geekybump

Reaction score
Robert Jay was born at 5.15am on the 15th of October. He was due on the 7th. I had a membrane sweep on Thursday the 13th and was booked in to be induced on Sunday the 16th. I started getting strong contractions at 8.45pm on Thursday night which continued and grew in intensity until 6pm on Friday when DH and I headed to L&D. By 9pm I was 4 cm dilated but took 4 hrs to dilate to 5cm. My waters were broken and 25 minutes later I was fully dilated and ready to start pushing. I had some gas to get through the last of the dilation. After pushing for what felt like an eternity, the midwife had concerns about the angle of the baby's head. She called the doctor who requested an episiotomy, thankfully the baby turned after that and was born 2 contractions later. Unbeknownst to me, any longer and I would have had a forceps birth. He was placed on my chest and looked right at my face. He was born exactly 8 pound and is just perfect. I had been scared about labour but it was totally worth it.

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/ejhsc1/Comp%20Tags/Congratsbabyinblue.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"