8 DPO, and No Usual AF Symptoms.

themickster

Reaction score
Good day!

I am in the last hours of 8 DPO, about to take a head-first slide into 9 DPO. We DTD on CD9. (I am notorious for ovulating early, somewhere around CD10-CD11). I have noticed some serious bloating, the last two days, and my breasts are so heavy and full. Neither of these things is 'normal' for my oncoming AF. Tonight, I've been struck by this odd can't-stay-awake feeling, with a fever, and a cold feeling I can't shake. Even more odd, all of my usual AF symptoms are missing. (Everything is listed, below, so I could get to the point, sooner).

I feel like I'm losing my mind, because this was not something I was thinking about, up until tonight. So, I ask, now... Does anyone have experience with a BFP, after having a very minimal amount of symptoms? If this wasn't odd for me, I wouldn't give it a second thought. But, I do feel 'off', very much so. I attack the TWW with heavy skepticism, and acknowledge that it is very possible that I am just getting sick, and having a PMS-free cycle (strange, though that would be).

Thank you, so very much, in advance!

- themickster

For added detail, I have kept track of the last week, because I thought I was getting sick. I'll sum it up, because I'm terribly wordy:

O-Day: Usual cold chills. Felt like AF was coming on, all day. (Not sure what that was about, it was odd, but who the heck knows?).
1 - 3 DPO: All was well in the Kingdom, aside from some severely emotional moments.
4 DPO: Exhausted. Didn't sleep. Hot flashes. Holy heck. Usually a sign of a migraine. No migraine. I waited. Went to bed early.
5 DPO: Exhausted, despite sleeping SO well. I usually sleep poorly, so this was amazing. Awoke with a headache. Cold returned, but less chills, and more inability to warm up. Felt a little feverish. Thought I was getting sick. Went to bed early.
6 DPO: Still exhausted. Odd dream. Awoke with a headache, which became a mild migraine. Started experiencing laser-focus on business matters. Went to bed early. Too warm for covers. Had to pee in the middle of the night.
7 DPO: Still exhausted. Awoke with a headache, and feeling like I got hit by a truck. Bloated. Like, pants-didn't-want-to-fit kinds of bloated. Shirt fit pretty tightly, too. Got SUPER down on myself, because I thought I was gaining weight. Undressed for my shower, and noticed my breasts felt very heavy and full. Went to bed early. Had to pee in the middle of the night.
8 DPO: Woke up to another headache, and some fantastic bloating. Legs and butt fit in my pants, as normal. Just the belly area is tight. (I know I'm not gaining weight, THAT fast). Shirt is tight, and, while I never have an issue wearing a bra - seriously, I sleep in this thing, sometimes - I do not want it on. It feels too restricting. Hot flash in the afternoon. Struggled to make it through my walk. Presently, I'm cold, and can't warm up. I feel feverish, and my throat feels uncomfortable in one spot. Headache is sneaking back in. I'm still tired. Body aches. Belly feels heavy, breasts feel heavy. POAS for the heck of it. Nada. BFN.

Missing 'Usual' 8 DPO-and-Sooner AF Symptoms: Cramping, chills, mild breast tenderness, back aches, hip aches, nausea.

Last edited:
Hey! When do you plan to test? When I was pregnant with my twins I didn’t have many early symptoms. Slight breast changes was all. Your symptoms sound promising.

This month I got a positive pregnancy test early, I’m in week three. I don’t know what DPO I am. The symptom I’m having are crazy vivid dreams, lower back pain and some cramping. I also had a lighting bolt feeling down below…. My lines are faint and digital is negative so I’m not yet convinced. I tested very early so I’m waiting now to see how the week progresses.

Fingers crossed you get a BFP!

Hey, there! Thank you, so much, for responding! :hugs2:

I tested this morning. I'm going to take it for a BFN, because I can't swear that the line I see is actually there. (It's easier on my brain, to assume a BFN). I use internet cheapies, and won't buy a digital until I see something promising, or You-Know-Who doesn't show. (She's due on October 1st).

I hope your lines get darker! Oh, my goodness. So exciting! :dance: I look forward to hearing how it comes out for you. Tom Petty was right... The waiting is the hardest part!

You’re so early that a negative doesn’t mean anything. I hope you get your BFP this month. My lines are annoyingly light and I tried a digital which I shouldn’t have. I’ll keep test in the morning until I see a good line (if I do) and then I’ll go for blood work. I posted pictures of my positives if you want to see what they look like on my other posts. Looking forward to hearing how this cycle goes for you! Good luck!

So... Heh... I went to take a picture of that faint line - after a few hours, mind you, just because I wanted to remember, "Ignore this result, Self." - and, this happened:

20210926_162246.jpg 20210926_162221.jpg

I'm absolutely not taking this to mean anything. I've been using this brand of test, off and on, for some years. I'm very familiar with evaps, and indents. Never had this happen, before. It made me chuckle.

Oh my! I’m sure that’s frustrating and making you question if it’s real or not. It looks pink to me. Maybe tomorrow will be your day. Do you have a first response or a test that shows before a missed period?

Oh, yeah. The little sucker is definitely pink. I'll be a good girl, and wait until tomorrow. ^^;;. It just caught me by surprise, when I looked down. Had to do a double-take. >XD. I've left these tests for two or three days, in the past, and nothing like this has ever happened. I'm starting to feel 'yucky, in waves, which is sending up a new flag. (When I'm sick, it's consistent). But, we shall see what tomorrow brings!

It could be a good sign. It’s very pink! I am crossing my fingers! Post a picture tomorrow!

Thank you, both, so much! I don't know what to think about my body, anymore. I think it's coming up with new and inventive ways of making me crazy. >XD. Today, I just feel crummy. *sighs*. And, the girls feel tired. I don't know how else to say it! Bra, or no, they just feel eh. The condition of my skin is just awful (which is interesting, in my thirties). And, TMI, but I'm feeling quite gassy, as well. All in all, if this turns out to be PMS, I've had it worse. But, I'm wondering, more and more!

On to 10dpo!

My apologies for not getting on here, yesterday. Hectic day. ><.

I tested, yesterday morning. Very, very faint line. Tested again, last night. Very, very faint line. Tested again, this morning. Not-so-faint line! I was starting to think something was really going on... Then, AF popped in. BUT, she is SO light, and barely noticeable (no cramps, I'm not miserable, etcetera). I've never (knowingly) had a chemical, before, but I wonder...? Leave it to me, to have all the fun in my thirties. ^^;;;;.

I'm off to peep in on your threads. I hope you're doing well!

One of your tests were dark? Maybe the bleeding isn’t a period? Can you go for bloodwork? My tests were all positive today. Took 4 but very faint. I’m assuming chemical. I am due for my period this weekend so we will see.

How’s it going today? My tests are still positive but faint. My last chemical it would go back-and-forth between positive and negative. This time it’s all been positive except one looked barely positive a couple days ago. So somewhat different than my chemical but I’m not sure what to think. I’m not due for my period until the weekend. I know I should wait to test then but I want to know. Not that my tests are overly telling lol. Can’t wait to hear what’s going on with you.

Oh, my goodness. I am so sorry. I'm horrible at keeping up with this, apparently.

My rant for the day goes a little something like this... And, TMI warning, ahead of time. SO, AF is no heavier than she started at. I thought she was getting there, but, when I thought about it... I was looking at what had accumulated, while I was asleep. Usually, by this point, I'm afraid to move, y'know what I mean? For fear of a mess. And, when she turned red, this morning I thought everything was said and done. But, that red is bordering on pink. Needless to say, this is NOT my usual Monthly Visit, AT ALL.

Anywho, for sheets and pillows, I decided to take a FRER, this evening. (I had ordered them from Amazon, earlier this week, and was unable to cancel them). I'll be darned if I didn't get a very, very faint pink line. -_- . Dude. I was expecting a nice, stark negative, to get it out of my head. Move on. But, I'm starting to feel like Michael Corleone. ("Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"). So, come tomorrow, I'll see where AF stands. I'll POAS, again, and, if need be, I'll call the doctor. Even if it's not a sign of One On-Board, there's a chance it's a thyroid issue.

Reading up on your latest events, know that you're not alone with the stubborn tests! Heh. ^^;;;;. I'm crossing everything I can for you! I truly hope that the NOT going back-and-forth is a good sign that something will stick. As for waiting to test... I hear ya'. But, sometimes? Sometimes, I think we see it as a bad thing, when it's the waiting that's a detriment to our mental health. :/ . (I'm a terrible influence, I know). But, to have that many faint positives... Ohhh, you have a level of patience I could only dream to have! Eagerly awaiting your next update! This suspense is more intense than late-night television!

Hmmm. If it’s not your usual period and you’ve gotten a positive it could be that it is pregnancy related. Your plan is good. Take another test and then if there’s a line see the doctor. I can’t wait to hear what happens tomorrow. I have one test left so I think I’ll take it tomorrow, and if the line is still faint, I won’t buy any more tests unless I miss my period. These lines are frustrating. I’m over testing.

I agree! This stuff is for the birds! Praying for you, all the same. I hope you get something big, bold, and undeniable, come the morning!

EDIT: ...-I totally meant a line. For the record. >XD. ;) .

I hope you get an obvious line tomorrow so there’s no questioning it too!

So, my need-to-know was driving me batty. Something that happened, last night - and, I don't even remember what - reminded me why I don't generally use FRERs... Indent lines. I pulled apart that VVFL test, and, sure enough... There was a massive indent. I had the same results, this morning. VVFL = Indent. I'm still going to go to the doctor, because I'm fairly certain my thyroid is out of whack. Again. It was a wild, surprise TWW!

How have you faired, today? My fingers are crossed, as tightly as they can go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->