8 month old heaving on all solids

parentto2

Reaction score
We seem to have a problem that has been going on since LO was 6 months he will not take solids if we give him a meal that has lumps in it seems to hit the back of his throat and he will physically heave and sick it back up along with anything else he has eaten.

It does not matter whether this is a jar or something that has been cooked fresh and mashed down.

If we give him jars / packets that are smooth he is fine taking them without a problem we have even tried mixing it up to try and disguise.

If we give him solid bits like biscuits and cooked carrot he will happily chomp away on them and eat fine.

We are now concerned that he is 8 months and not taking solids at meal times

Did not have this problem with baby No 1 so we are both getting worried there may be a problem

HELP

Have you tried passing the solids through a sieve - first time the whole meal so its really smooth, then gradually increase the texture and decrease the puree. I did it over about a month and now my little man happily chomps only on textured foods.

my 8 month old is like this too, he will happily chomp through the ellas pouches stage ones, anything else he doesnt want to know, gags, heaves etc. Yet chuck him a sausage, and away he goes. i can't even get him to take a full savory one, even if it is first stage, as he is so used to the ellas pouches, and they have fruit in all, even the savory ones.

anyone any ideas on how to get him onto proper foods, or even second stage roper savory stuff.

If Lo is okay with finger foods why don't you try just giving solid food and bypassing the pouches / purees. Give Lo toast for brekkie. And try them on something you would be having for dinner (assuming its not too salty etc). See how they got on, rather than doing the TW stage 2 thing. If Lo's are managing whole veg, biscuits, and sausages Id be questioning why I'm giving pureed versions of foods. They are maybe struggling to suss with the slightly lumpy purees that they can't just 'sook'them down. But if they are handed whole food they are clearly understanding they have to 'work' to eat them.

It is strange as LO will eat a biscuit and some other things that will be able to mush down as finger food and will be able to swallow this fine

Yesterday we had a caserole for ourself and pulled out some bits for LO to eat, Carrot, Chicken, Potato, we put it in a bowl and let him chomp away it seems once he got to the potato that was it he was chewing away went to swallow and he just heaved and threw up all over himself.

We even tried a rice cake but again he throws up, he is happyo chewing away but it seems to be when he comes to swallow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->