8+ no h/b. Update: MMC confirmed

Celesse

Reaction score
I had a very small amount of spotting last week so went for a scan. I had same spotting in previous pregnancies so wasn't all that worried and everything about this pregnancy has been the same as previous ones.

However fetal pole measuring 3mm, no heart beat. Told that its constant with conception 5 weeks ago, ie a 7+ pregnancy. LMP would put me at 10+. Ovulation puts me at 8+5. I first tested positive on 15th June so I think its very unlikely I'm off in my estimation of how far along I should be.

I have to go back in 10 days time, and been given 65% chance of miscarriage. I'm not optimistic.

So waiting to miscarry.

Some practical questions...

1. What pads to use? Assuming natural miscarriage starts.
2. How long could it start to start bleeding? Symptoms are going and spotting started on Thursday.
3. Chances of positive outcome when I'm 100% sure of dates?

I was also off on my dates based on the 2 dates of sex we had. My EDD gaave me an estimated conception date of the same day I took a positive HPT so I had a strong feeling this was not good. I went to ER to find a 9w2d baby with no heartbeat. I went Thursday night and passed baby early monday am.

I used adult diapers. But when baby passed I hung on toilet for hour or so to let blood come out as it was pretty fast and then stayed around toilet everytime I felt a bit of pain as more chunks would come.

I had been spotting for over 2 weeks(was spotting at time of dating scan when they put me at 7 weeks) but that was brown with a red tinge here and there. when it turned all red it was 6 days or so later baby came.

My first miscarriage took about 14 days from start to stop of the bleeding, my second was about 6 days.

I would highly recommend staying at home as much as possible especially when heavy bleeding. When I was passing my baby I was soaking a night time pad every ten minutes..and was sitting in the waiting room of my OB surrounded by happy pregnant women (not fun).

And just because they say your going to miscarry..never lose hope. My dr told my because my numbers did not double once I would miscarry within the next few days, but when they retested numbers went up and my baby had grown.

Hope everything turns out well for you **hugs**

Pregnancy symptoms seem to be getting gradually less. Today I feel almost normal. I'm hoping my body will see this as an indication to start miscarrying.

The fact the hospital gave me a chance of the pregnancy continuing is starting to get me down. Now I get that sometimes people can be off with their dates or ovulated later than expected. I know I ovulated on 5th June giving me the 8+5. Ignoring this fact I tested positive at 10DPO on 15th June and had 1-2 on a digi on 18th June and 3+ on a digi on 24th June. So my tests fit in with a pregnancy of 8+5 and it would be impossible for the pregnancy to be only 7+. Assuming the absolute earliest you can test positive is 6dpo (and still ignoring my knowledge of ovulation date) I would still need to be 8+1 by now.

Am I right in thinking that the second scan is there in case I am not clear on my dates. I can't see how its possible for a healthy embryo to be so far behind in growth. Plus anything I read on 3mm fetal pole puts it even earlier than the 7+weeks they have given me. It's really hard to google any useful information as I keep hitting forum stories of people who have thought they were further ahead, as opposed to those who were certain on dates.

I think I would feel better if I could just know 100% that I am going to miscarry, rather than being given a thread of hope to hold onto, which I really feel is false hope. I'm treating these 10 days between scans as a chance to miscarry naturally, but I'd really like to just be able to let go of any ideas that I'll go back next week to anything other than bad news. I feel is if the 45% chance is really that 45% of the time EPAU see women who have got their dates wrong, when I know I haven't.

Hey Hun...

I had a scan two weeks ago and should have been 7+4 the scan showed 5mm but with heartbeat...

I was told to be optimistic but baby is way too small for 7weeks...

I went back on Tuesday gone an baby was till 5mm but no heartbeat :-(

It sounds like you were tracking your O really closely too, I really hope that it was a dodgy surge an your next scan will growth..

On the Tuesday when I found out no heartbeat I started spotting on the Friday and had the erpc on the Saturday which I personally found the best way for me.

Best of luck Hun xx

So I've had no more spotting since Sunday. My symptoms are pretty similar as they were at the same stage in my other pregnancies, ie mostly gone just tired. The spotting clearly wasn't the start of a miscarriage as it occurred at the same time as in previous pregnancies and has now completely stopped and has been absent for 5 days. Therefore the discovery of lack of growth is just a co-incidence.

I'm very much stuck in limbo at the moment.

I don't know whether I'm meant to research what will happen in a miscarriage and prepare myself for the worst, or if I should try and be hopeful and look for ways that baby could be ok or reasons the scan was wrong. It some ways its easier to cope with if there is some kind of hope, but I think that will just make it worse next week when the scan confirms the inevitable.

Just wondering how people coped with this limbo when common sense told them there was no hope.

Op I'm in the exact same position as u, went for an early scan shoukd of been 7+4 but they could only see a sac. They said it's possible I could only be 5weeks but with my dates its not possible as got a positive pg test when I would of got pregnant if I was 5 weeks.
So now I'm getting a few cramps and slightly more bleeding. Know it's going to happen just don't want other to go on for weeks x

I had sating scan and it was off. I started looking into miscarriage a bit then. When the brown spotting got heavier/turned red I looking into pictures of what I would be dealing with and when I came back from er and confirmed I was ready to face it. Sunday night I cramped alot so reviewed it all again and hours later my own baby came.

I knew from dating scan it was not going to end in a baby. I only told husband and this site. Mom knew in sense I acted less happy

When I was in the horrible limbo stage I went through bouts of depression an hope...couldn't decide how to feel!

I think in reality I actually prepared myself for the worst, when the second scan came I would have been more surprised if there was a heartbeat than wasn't. I had decided how's wanted to miscarry an knew the baby had died.

When is your next scan? X

Next scan is Wednesday morning. Me and DH have discussed how we will handle the practicalities of me having to go into hospital ect. He's not going to come with me to the scan on Wednesday to make sure he can get the time off to look after the children. I've kind of mentally planned next week to take account of a medical miscarriage on Friday.

I'm expecting bad news. The only possible way I can see it being good news is if they made a mistake scanning and I reckon in this day and age it can't happen all that often. I've even bought pads. Having only had one period in the last 4 years due to being pregnant or breastfeeding buying pads is a pretty big deal to me! The pads I used for the one period back in May had been hanging around in a drawer for a very long time.

Could you possibly have ovulated twice?

Could you possibly have ovulated twice?

I guess its possible. My digi's went from 1-2 to 3+ in less than a week over the time frame a second pregnancy, consistent with the scan, would have crossed into BFP. And a quick google tells me that breastfeeding is one of the things that can caused double ovulation. Its a long shot though!

Still no signs of bleeding.

My bladder capacity feels like its gone down over the last couple of days so I'm assuming the sac or my uterus is still growing. It's like a cruel trick of nature, but I do seem to have a bit of a bump now which is normal for me to "show" quite early in pregnancy cos of how I hold my weight.

I did torture myself and try the doppler again. Listening to static for half an hour like a crazy person and of course not finding anything.

I think I go through several cycles a day of expecting the worst then expecting a miracle. I'll spend a couple of hours thinking about / googling how I'll cope with the miscarriage. Then I'll spend a couple of hours thinking about how I'll write my amazing misdiagnosed miscarriage story and how the scan was completely wrong. This morning when I was showering I was thinking about what would happen if the baby had a heartbeat but was still measuring behind and then ultimately went onto fail. I think these fantasies are just the minds way of preparing for difficult times ahead.

Scan due at 9:50 this morning. I kind of want to go back to bed and hide. At least I currently have that little bit of hope, but going to this morning scans will basically be admitting this pregnancy has ended.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Well, news was predictably bad. However I feel pretty ok about it. Relieved if anything as living with the unknown when you kinda really know its bad is pretty terrible.

Fetal pole was measuring 2.3mm so it had shrunk, and sac is about 2cm. Doesn't seem an overly scary size to pass.

They have an outpatient regime for medical miscarriage so I'm going in tomorrow where I will get some pessaries and then be send home to miscarry. This seems great as it means I can be in the privacy of my own bathroom.

Now I know whats happening I have a bit of a renewed sense of energy so I'm off to tidy the house so OH and the kids can trash it while I'm out of action over the next few days.

:hugs:

I am so sorry :( I had hoped to offer some help on this, but it looks like you are right between where I was with my first 2 losses. One was around 5 weeks, the other 8, the 8 I had a D&C, the 5-6 week one I managed at home.

The one at home wasn't terribly bad - physically at least, if that helps at all. I will pray for you for strength as you go through this process. :hugs:

The one I had was 9 weeks and way my sac was even if I did not want to look it was obvious baby was in there. I had husband take pics in and out. Not sure how old your kids are but you may want to have someone around if can or on call as the bleeding/cramping was only bad for me first hour or so but it was contractions leading up to it by 30 minutes or so and then. I did not have anything placed/meds.

If you want to talk pm me. I am in states and know things are different. :hugs: to you and family

Soon as I found out baby had no HB I started cleaning as for 2-3 weeks I had some spotting and wanted to give best chance if something was preventable. Husband came home and was like WTF?

If kids are younger stock up on some special toys/dvd to keep them entertained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->